3.7K views

Would not accept my check for patio furniture..stating Target has a check writring history policy?I was not aware of this...is it posted somewhere or am I the only one that had no idea until I was humiliated to no extreme at the check out!

The "'woman" at Target gave me no info only to call number on back of my check to find the reason..Had nothing to do with my bank or my account..Target would not take my money because I have not written a series of checks. This has to be established over several months of check writing to Target.. Please!!!

Seriously...?Had I known I would have not written a check..oh wait...I will not shop there again...

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Uniontown, Ohio, United States #1226842

Same thing happened to me this week.I was really mad.

I have since found out that my bank will not give them my private info so they will not take my check. I was very happy with my bank, not so happy with Target. Because I kept asking for a reason the store Whitch manager told me she would call the police if I didn't leave. Wow!!!

Now I wish I would have been loud and nasty.Never will I walk in Target again!!!

Also, same problem.Check goes through w/o printing e-payment.

Target is the filter, apparently.

Ask online at Corp.HQ and they can explain I hope:)

Me too, in California!

Never have had a problem writing a check... In fact they've been life savers...you can also write over the amount to get cash back which has saved me on several occasions on those "just before payday" situations... I LOVE TARGET n will continue to be a loyal customer!

to Anonymous Uniontown, Ohio, United States #1226844

I have been checking into this.I have found out that your personal bank has given your info out.

That is why they cashed your check.Maybe you should talk to your bank about this.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #922364

No they can't take your check but they can get hacked and have thousands of credit card numbers taken

Westfield, Massachusetts, United States #899513

Policy is policy. Get over it or start paying with cash. Simple.

to Lexie North Providence, Rhode Island, United States #1204945

Lexi shut up

to Anonymous Uniontown, Ohio, United States #1226845

Great ideal, or to heck with Target! I went to Walmart and they love my checks!

To everyone saying you won't shop there again, Target definitely isn't losing any sleep over it. You are wasting your breath. Perhaps Wal-Mart is the store for you if you want to act so childish.

to Tash #859159

It's not about shopping there it's the jacked up policy that humiliates people...if she had her ID with her then there shouldn't have been a problem!!and that's not childish.