Purchased a 40" Sony Bravia at the store a year ago and got the 3 year extended warranty. A month ago, I called for service when the screen went black.

The repair man said the panel went out. The repair man called last week and scheduled time to come repair it (Thur June 30). On Monday June 27th the extended warranty company called to say they will be issuing a gift card for the full replacement cost ($700). I asked when I should expect the card.

7-10 business days she said. I asked for tracking information as I travel for work and need to make arrangements for someone to be there to sign. She informed me that it would be going out via postal service. I called back on Wednesday June 29th because that didn't add up.

I spoke with a different girl who said no it had been sent via UPS but they couldn't give me tracking information; only Target has that information. She told me to call 800.440.0680 for that info but she put in a request for a supervisor to call me with that info. I called today July 1st because I have heard nothing. I spoke with a man who told me to call the gift card dept; so he transferred me.

I spoke with a man who didn't understand what I needed and could not tell me who I needed to speak with. I asked for his supervisor and ended up back at the orginal menu. I ended up with a woman in Gift Relations who called the warranty company back for me - NOW they say the card went out yesterday and that they have that information but a supervisor has to give it to me because they are the only ones with that access. Why is this so difficult?

If you are sending out a gift card in excess of $500; why would you NOT have tracking information available for your customer instead of having them call all around the world for a simple piece of information?? So, I'm going on a month without my tv, no tracking information and no idea when this will be resolved. This is such bad business. I will never deal with Target on a large purchase like this again.

Sorriest excuse for customer service I have ever encountered.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

Comments

Why dont u wait a *** week for your gift card to show up before *** and complainin on here u *** tit