Several times when checking out I have been behind a customer who was having a problem, it could be a price check or opening a charge account etc. A Target employee (this has happened more than once) came around and told the people behind me to go to a newly opened register.

I was left waiting at the first register and saw several of the customers who were behind me leave the store!

When I spoke to the Target representative he said that your policy was to open a register if there were three people in line. Great but that does not mean that the next person in line still needs to wait while the others are taken care of first!

Comments

Target lines are terrible. I have often just left the store without buying my stuff because I am not going to wait 20 additional minutes at the check out counter.

Holidays maybe but not a regular day of the week always UNDERSTAFFED.

Well what did you want them to do, anonymous? You were the one who didn't go when called.

Wow! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #739591

Whenever they open a new register they usually just call out "I can help someone here" or something like that. I doubt the cahier chose specific people to help.

Everytime I see that situation, the people in back always rush over first because they are closest. You need to step up your game and be quicker than them!

Anyway, what did you lose? Five minutes?

If you aren't smart enough to go to a line that isn't as busy, you have a major problem. Did the employee tell you that you had to stay where you were.

However, when people change lanes, it stands to reason that the last person in the line would go first, which means if you had followed, you would have been last in line. Grow up!