Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a Target Visa Gift card on the target.com site. I made the purchase to put away for my rent for personal reasons. I made the payment and thought nothing of it until the following month when the apartment complex charged a late fee stating the payment didnt go through, reason is not related. After the payment was made I probably kept the card for a week if that and tossed it as I used the balance, or thought I did. I then realized that if the rent payment was rejected then I should have a full $200 visa gift card and if not then an invoice indicating charges.

I called Target and they referred me the the Visa gift card department which referred me back to the target online phone line. I have been going in complete circles for almost 3 weeks and there is never anything that anyone can so "I understand your frustrated but good luck"

I am out $200 + 6 + 15 and there is no accountability at Target if a vendor is the one issuing the cards then there should be vender relations help.

The Visa department keeps asking for a batch number that doesnt seem to be on any thing I have the receipt and the invoice and the order number and the payment records in PayPal.

I thought this would be a quick lookup of my purchase and send out a replacement but no its been just under 3 weeks of I can't do that for you, I don't have access, no there is no one else such as an escalated customer relations department. I will never shop at Target again and if anyone has any advice on where I can go with this I would appreciate it. I need my money and Target just doesnt care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Gift Card.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I want a Visa card replacement and if not I want my money now and I don't want to make 500 calls .

I didn't like: I am done with target no vendor support and no accountability.

• lack of logic
  • Target ripping people off Target
  • targettheives targetelderabuse
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 11.

Comments

Whatever You Do, Don't Put The Blame On You, Blame it On The Rain, Yeah Yeah!

What kind of scam were you trying to pull? Clearly if you bought a Visa gift card online then you had to use a credit card to purchase it.

Why did you not simply pay for your rent with said credit card rather than go out of your way to get a Visa gift card that works in the same manner? Oh and the card mysteriously has a problem?

Riiiight. ...

VISA gift card, not Target. End of story.

YOU threw away the card that had the account number on it. How do you expect them to help you?