1.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered the Tobi Kids Train Bed - Red from Target on December 4th, 2016.This was to be a Christmas surprised for my child.

Apparently my package got lost as it hadn't been delivered by 12/16 which it said it would be and the delivery system couldn't find my tracking number anymore. I called Target on 12/16. A customer service representative called EWS (the company delivering the item) and said it would arrive on 12/19 now. Apparently it got lost and they found it and was rush delivering it to me now.

Once it arrived on the 19th, the package was ripped in several spots (which I have pictures of), one whole side was open, and multiple pieces were damaged beyond repair. I called Target on the 19th and spoke to a supervisor named Yaretci. She gave me a case number and said she would re-order the item for me, marked it as expedited and the replacement bed should arrive in 3 to 5 business days. As a token for my inconvenience, she provided me a $50 e gift card (which is now a complete joke as this item was $550.00).

I was tracking my new order online and it stated it was arriving by 12/27. I wasn't happy, but this still gave me time to set it up for my child before he came back from his Christmas vacation on the 28th. Around 5 pm on the 27th it still hadn't shown up so I called the delivery service as it showed it had arrived in my city in the morning. The delivery service said since Target didn't specify a delivery day or said I would sign for the item (which I actually stayed home to get this delivery on the 27th so I would have been happy to sign for it), they were holding onto it till January 2nd.

JANUARY 2ND! I asked since it was already in my city, could I just come pick it up - they replied no. I asked if they were seriously going to just hold it in the warehouse for a week "just because" when it was about 30 minutes away from me? The lady then said she could get it delivered on the 29th.

The lady at the delivery service specifically stated it wasn't coming earlier because of how Target set up the delivery. I then called Target. Well the guy who I got on the call was just rude. He kept quoting me they can't indicate how the delivery is done and they did nothing wrong.

He continued to say he was sorry but nothing they could do. He then said we can't ever say something will take 5 business days to get there. All he kept doing is offering up the PC excuses as to why Target was not at fault for any of this. I interrupted and said BUT it has been a month!

A MONTH! AND Target DID say it would be 3 to 5 business days as she was expediting the shipment as she knew my situation and I was extremely pressed for time. AND she never asked if I could stay home to sign for it which would make it faster - which I would have been glad to do and actually did stay home for it. Target is pointing the finger at their delivery carrier and the delivery carrier is pointing the finger at Target.

SOMEONE has to take ownership of this as I am the one who is being penalized - actually it's my child who is loosing out on this wonderful Christmas memory that has now been taken from him - and it is Target as that is who I purchased this item from. I will now have waited a MONTH to get this item that was supposed to be here well before Christmas. This is Target's responsibility. They are the ones who contract their delivery services and they need to take responsibility for this.

I obviously should not have trusted Target when they said they would make this right as they didn't.I should have purchased the item from Walmart when this fiasco started as I could have gotten it 12/26 by picking it up in the store (apparently they CAN guarantee delivery) but I stupidity trusted Target.

Review about: Ews Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: No accountability, Lengthy delivery timeframe, Lack of customer satisfaction.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion