Update by user Dec 20, 2015
I was going to update my story on what happened when I spoke to corporate.. the story goes way past what I wrote.
When I wrote what I wrote, I was upset and needed to vent. However, What happened afterwards is unbelievable. I still stand that Target CORPORATE has horrible customer service. Do not get it twisted..
Ive delt with some nice people that really tried to help me, but at the end of the day they couldn't help me because they weren't corporate. To the two people who are putting me down about my complaint, I am aloud to complain all I want.. thats what this website is for. You have no place to tell me if I was right or wrong because you weren't on the phone with me and you do not know the full situation.
You may see what I wrote as 'petty' but you'll never understand until your in my shoes.. Therefore I will not be updating my story (even though I feel its important to really understand what happened) and I will mark this as resolved because there is no point in going back and forth with a whole bunch of miserable strangers that feel they need to put their two cents in. To everyone else, just be careful shopping around the holidays.
As for me, i'm going back to Walmart.
I will never shop at Target again. Happy Holidays everyone, be safe.
Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2015
I do a lot of online shopping and I have NEVER had a bad experience like this:
I am a single mother of a 6 month old. I was in need of my essentials such as lotion, shampoo, etc. The Target in my area happens to be located next to our mall and all other popular shopping centers. Because of the holiday season, I did not want have to take my daughter out into the holiday madness plus it is too cold for her outside. Therefore, I decided to do my shopping online at Target. I purchased around 15 items totaling a little over $100. I received a confirmation number and a confirmation e-mail. After that, I assumed that my order was complete. About 3-4 hours late, I got a notification from my bank explaining that I had gone below a certain amount in my checkings account. I thought to myself that that was impossible because I should of had a certain amount in there to pay 2 bills. I checked my account and sure enough, Target had charged me twice for the same order!!!! I immediately called customer service. I got the worse customer service ever! The lady (MJ) told me there was NOTHING she could do for me and that I would just have to wait until the items came in and take it back to the store to try to get a refund. (Even thought it was their fault). After arguing with her for a good half hour, I demanded to speak to a manager.. Well I got a supervisor (William). He wasn't any help either. He told me to just refuse the package when it got delivered and then when it arrived back to the warehouse, they would just refund my money. I argued with him for a good half hour as well. I finally demanded corporate's number. It was too late to call corporate that night so I called the finally morning. Guess who picked up the phone??? it was MJ the original representative I spoke to! Seriously? I asked her why was I speaking to her and she told me because corporate does not have a direct phone number. Why wouldn't William tell me that last night? If customer service has to transfer you to corporate, why wouldn't William just do that? Sounds like a load of BS to me!!!! So anyway I argued with MJ some more and I was making so many valid points that all you heard were crickets on the phone because she had absolutely nothing to say! She told me to call back at a certain time so I could speak to corporate... hmmm still waiting!!!! No corporate!!!
This is my problem with everything:
1. I was only given ONE confirmation number and e-mail, meaning that I should only have ONE order... Target keeps telling me I have two orders.. who is to say that they didn't steal from me??????
2. I was told to wait till all the shipment arrives to take it into a Target store and TRY to get a refund... Um first of all if I wanted to go into a Target store I would have done that in the first place!
3. I have no receipt or confirmation order number or email to take back the so called "SECOND" order back.
4. It is the holiday season, meaning UPS and FedEx packages DO NOT arrive on time, they are so busy and backed up. So does that mean I have to wait a few weeks to get my money back? I have BILLS to pay!
5.How the *** do I know which items to keep and which to take back if I don't have twp confirmation numbers?
6. I was also told to refuse the package, how can I refuse a package if I'm never home??? I work a full time job.
7. When you buy something in the store, you return it in the store. When you buy something with cash, you get refunded with cash, if you buy something on a credit card, you get refunded on that same card. I purchased something online therefore my money should be refunded back on my card. I should not have to go to a store or jump through hoops of fire to get my money back.
ESPECIALLY WHEN TARGET MESSED UP!
Oh and by the way, as I am typing this I am on hold to try to connect to someone... its been 45 minutes... This fight is far from over.
I apologize for any grammatical mistakes because I am too mad to proof read my work.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Monetary Loss: $115.
Preferred solution: Full refund.
I didn't like: Customer service sucks.