Target - THEY SELL FURNITURE CONTAINING FORMALDEHYDE (MDF) WHICH IS A CARCINOGEN!
I ORDERED A SIDE TABLE ONLINE FROM TARGET.COM. WHEN IT ARRIVED, THERE WAS A STRONG CHEMICAL SMELL I THOUGH WAS FROM THE VARNISH AND THAT IT WOULS DISSIPATE. IT DIDNT, AND ONLY GOT MORE TOXIC. IT MADE US ALL SICK. SORE THROATS, COUGHING, NAUSEA. I LOOKED AT THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SAID IT WAS MADE WITH MDF. I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THAT WAS, SOI LOOKED IT UP AND WAS SHOCKED TO FIND IT IS WOOD PULP WITH FORMALDEHYDE, A KNOWN CARCINOGENIC. ITS WIDELY USED IN ALL KINDS OF HOUSEHOLD THINGS, BUT IF NOT MADE CORRECTLY OR SEALED PROPERLY, ITS TOXIC AND SEEPS INTO THE AIR. NO WONDER WE GOT SICK!
CALLED THE TARGET.COM SERVICE CENTER (WHICH IS IN MEXICO BY THE WAY), AND NOT ONLY DID THEY BOUNCE ME AROUND, HANG UP ON ME AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...THEY DELETED THE ORDER COMPLETELY FROM MY TARGET.COM ACCOUNT AND DELETED MY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM THE PRODUCT REVIEW. WHEN I TRIED TO PULL UP THE ORDER # ON THE WEBSITE, I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING I DID NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ACCESS THAT ORDER NUMBER.
IF, AND I STRONGLY SAY IF YOU BUY WOOD FURNITURE FROM TARGET, LOOK AT WHAT IT IS MADE OF. IF IT SAYS MDF DO NOT BUY IT. ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS (A BOOKSHELF) ACTUALLY HAS A NOTATION PROP 65 IN THE "OTHER INFO" SECTION AND IF YOU CLICK ON IT IS SAYS THAT IT IS MADE FROM KNOWN CARCINOGENICS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS. AND THEY SELL THIS TO PEOPLE!!!!!!
I HAVE BEEN A TARGET CUSTOMER FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS FROM MY LOCAL STORE, AND I WILL STILL SHOP THERE. BUT THEIR CORPORATE STRATEGY TO SELL DANGEROUS PRODUCTS TO CUSTOMERS IS UNFORGIVABLE. I AM CONTACTING EVERY AGENCY I CAN TO GET THEM TO INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER AND DO A RECALL.
SHAME ON YOU TARGET! SHAME ON YOU FOR DOING THIS TO PEOPLE!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Side Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I paid my bill on due date , I thought I paid on time. I never checked my card because I never used it. Two months later I received..."
- "My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home..."
- "Lost prevention beat down a customer inside the store accusing of stealing wich is all bull other wise they would it press charges isn't that weird?..."
- "I've had similar issues as other complaints - fees at "free" atms, many denied transactions, but not once have I been able to get through to a real person in..."
- "When I first placed my order I was very excited but the next day they released the same hoodie with better colored wording. That's when I noticed the colored words..."
- "I was extremely disappointed with the whole experience. First of all I wanted the flowers delivered on the 11th before 1pm and they were delivered on the 10th. Second, flowers..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."