Featured

I ORDERED A SIDE TABLE ONLINE FROM TARGET.COM. WHEN IT ARRIVED, THERE WAS A STRONG CHEMICAL SMELL I THOUGH WAS FROM THE VARNISH AND THAT IT WOULS DISSIPATE. IT DIDNT, AND ONLY GOT MORE TOXIC. IT MADE US ALL SICK. SORE THROATS, COUGHING, NAUSEA. I LOOKED AT THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SAID IT WAS MADE WITH MDF. I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THAT WAS, SOI LOOKED IT UP AND WAS SHOCKED TO FIND IT IS WOOD PULP WITH FORMALDEHYDE, A KNOWN CARCINOGENIC. ITS WIDELY USED IN ALL KINDS OF HOUSEHOLD THINGS, BUT IF NOT MADE CORRECTLY OR SEALED PROPERLY, ITS TOXIC AND SEEPS INTO THE AIR. NO WONDER WE GOT SICK!

CALLED THE TARGET.COM SERVICE CENTER (WHICH IS IN MEXICO BY THE WAY), AND NOT ONLY DID THEY BOUNCE ME AROUND, HANG UP ON ME AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...THEY DELETED THE ORDER COMPLETELY FROM MY TARGET.COM ACCOUNT AND DELETED MY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM THE PRODUCT REVIEW. WHEN I TRIED TO PULL UP THE ORDER # ON THE WEBSITE, I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING I DID NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ACCESS THAT ORDER NUMBER.

IF, AND I STRONGLY SAY IF YOU BUY WOOD FURNITURE FROM TARGET, LOOK AT WHAT IT IS MADE OF. IF IT SAYS MDF DO NOT BUY IT. ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS (A BOOKSHELF) ACTUALLY HAS A NOTATION PROP 65 IN THE "OTHER INFO" SECTION AND IF YOU CLICK ON IT IS SAYS THAT IT IS MADE FROM KNOWN CARCINOGENICS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS. AND THEY SELL THIS TO PEOPLE!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN A TARGET CUSTOMER FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS FROM MY LOCAL STORE, AND I WILL STILL SHOP THERE. BUT THEIR CORPORATE STRATEGY TO SELL DANGEROUS PRODUCTS TO CUSTOMERS IS UNFORGIVABLE. I AM CONTACTING EVERY AGENCY I CAN TO GET THEM TO INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER AND DO A RECALL.

SHAME ON YOU TARGET! SHAME ON YOU FOR DOING THIS TO PEOPLE!

Review about: Target Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1257883

You even said yourself that they provided the information.They didn't hide it.

Why are you blaming target for anything?Shame on YOU for trying to defame an honest seller.

Not sure if Target labels all Prop 65 items when necessary or not, or they label some and not others?, but I have seen some items labeled Prop 65 on online target website.

That said, I think perhaps formaldehyde is one of the ingredients not included in the Prop 65. Thats why wood items made with formaldehyde does not have any warning labels online.

I recieved an accent table only to find a sticker underneath the table that says contains Formaldehyde Phase 2.

I only hope one day Target will also lists Formaldehyde warnings too in the online websites. Until then I am weary of buying from them.

You didn't buy a wood product from Target.As the description said it was MDF (medium density fiberboard).

Most inexpensive ready to assemble furniture is either particle board or MDF. Both products are full of glues and resins that commonly contain formaldehyde. The laminate applied to these products reduces the amount released into the air. You are better off looking for products made in the USA if possible.

If you pay attention to the news there are few standards and little control over products coming from China (check out Lumber Liquidators flooring). I think you are over reacting to the cancer statement.

If you pay attention there are a lot of items you buy that are found to cause cancer by the state of California.Just don't eat them and you should be fine.

to Anonymous #1093444

Most of the item descriptions at Target stors does not reveal whether the item is made in China or made in USA.

It is American companies and Target companies going overseas and hiring cheap labor in China at fault. The Chinese factory workers dont get paid well nor get benefits. The Chinese workers are the victims.

If anyone is to be blamed it is the big American coporations.