Target - THEY SELL FURNITURE CONTAINING FORMALDEHYDE (MDF) WHICH IS A CARCINOGEN!
I ORDERED A SIDE TABLE ONLINE FROM TARGET.COM. WHEN IT ARRIVED, THERE WAS A STRONG CHEMICAL SMELL I THOUGH WAS FROM THE VARNISH AND THAT IT WOULS DISSIPATE. IT DIDNT, AND ONLY GOT MORE TOXIC. IT MADE US ALL SICK. SORE THROATS, COUGHING, NAUSEA. I LOOKED AT THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SAID IT WAS MADE WITH MDF. I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THAT WAS, SOI LOOKED IT UP AND WAS SHOCKED TO FIND IT IS WOOD PULP WITH FORMALDEHYDE, A KNOWN CARCINOGENIC. ITS WIDELY USED IN ALL KINDS OF HOUSEHOLD THINGS, BUT IF NOT MADE CORRECTLY OR SEALED PROPERLY, ITS TOXIC AND SEEPS INTO THE AIR. NO WONDER WE GOT SICK!
CALLED THE TARGET.COM SERVICE CENTER (WHICH IS IN MEXICO BY THE WAY), AND NOT ONLY DID THEY BOUNCE ME AROUND, HANG UP ON ME AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...THEY DELETED THE ORDER COMPLETELY FROM MY TARGET.COM ACCOUNT AND DELETED MY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM THE PRODUCT REVIEW. WHEN I TRIED TO PULL UP THE ORDER # ON THE WEBSITE, I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING I DID NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ACCESS THAT ORDER NUMBER.
IF, AND I STRONGLY SAY IF YOU BUY WOOD FURNITURE FROM TARGET, LOOK AT WHAT IT IS MADE OF. IF IT SAYS MDF DO NOT BUY IT. ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS (A BOOKSHELF) ACTUALLY HAS A NOTATION PROP 65 IN THE "OTHER INFO" SECTION AND IF YOU CLICK ON IT IS SAYS THAT IT IS MADE FROM KNOWN CARCINOGENICS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS. AND THEY SELL THIS TO PEOPLE!!!!!!
I HAVE BEEN A TARGET CUSTOMER FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS FROM MY LOCAL STORE, AND I WILL STILL SHOP THERE. BUT THEIR CORPORATE STRATEGY TO SELL DANGEROUS PRODUCTS TO CUSTOMERS IS UNFORGIVABLE. I AM CONTACTING EVERY AGENCY I CAN TO GET THEM TO INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER AND DO A RECALL.
SHAME ON YOU TARGET! SHAME ON YOU FOR DOING THIS TO PEOPLE!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Side Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home..."
- "Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items. I..."
- "Why does Target insist on using cheep sticker labels on their products? Nothing bothers me more than getting home wanting to use a cute placemat for my kids or..."
- "we brought a rocker recliner, a mattress set big big mistake. big rip you off. if you go buy any of there junk , you are nuts. rocker would fall..."
- "When I first placed my order I was very excited but the next day they released the same hoodie with better colored wording. That's when I noticed the colored words..."
- "I bought a 1984 Eldorado convertible a few years from a dealer friend. They don't use Carfax and i bought the car based on my examination of the car. I..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "I purchased a sofa in April of 2015. It is placed in a secondary living room that gets little to no use. I noticed in July of 2016..."
- "I was reading around this site and found some disturbing reviews/comments from 800notes Users/Mods. I came across this review: freddys.pissedconsumer.com/freddys-pizza-review-from-denver-colorado-20161013936287.html I remembered seeing the name "Freddy Fazbear's" at 800notes while..."