Manchester, Maryland

I went for a gazebo a day before it was suppose to be one sale.Was told oh we don't hve any but another store across town has two.

I drive an hour away and they don't have any. They tell you that another store have them. I came home and call 5 diferent Target Stores in Maryland and was told by all of them they don't have any. I am so mad the Sale has not even started and they don't have any.

What is that all about.I thought Bait and Switch was illegal.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Quote=”Amanda”

“Actually I think bait and switch applies quite well”

Really?!? Doesn’t sound like bait and switch, you would have been offered the “switch” instead of the “bait” at the first store you visited (and again at each new store).

More likely the Target Ad was out of step with demand for a hot item, due to the timing of the store inventory and the newspaper ad.

We often get internal emails from district or HQ asking us to pull items in the next ad from the sales floor so that we have plenty on Sunday (when the ad goes into effect). Hot items or newly released ones are often in short supply when introduced.

Quote=”Amanda”

“I went straight to the store in my town only to be told they sold out last week. I went to the one in the next town over to be told they only had one when the sale started and it was already gone.”

Did you get a rain check? This will hold the sales price for thirty days, and all stores will be replenished much sooner.

Quote=”Amanda”

“Today I called Target in yet another town and asked if they had any, I was told they had several. I immediately drove out there to find out that they were out. They called another store who said they had one and put it in guest services for me”.

Good! Did the sending store give you a ‘ticket’ for the item? Did the referral store do a physical check for the item before telling you to come over? Often...

Quote=”Amanda”

“I got there they didn't have any of the $9.99 ones only the $49.99 full size ones which they held behind the counter for me because after all that I was gonna (sic) spend an extra $40 right?” No, you screwed up by letting sloppy TMs waste your time. This is a teachable moment for you – don’t leave the first store without a telephone confirmation and at least the DCPI number!

Quote=”Amanda”

“I will never shop at Target again”

Boo Hoo! Too bad! You have banned yourself from one of the most successful retailers, because you didn’t work the system to your satisfaction. Remember: “*** should hurt”.

Actually I think bait and switch applies quite well.Today is November the 9th.

I got the Target ad in the Sunday paper, yesterday, Nov. 8th. They had the Wow Wee Alive Mini advertised for $9.99 with coupon. I went straight to the store in my town only to be told they sold out last week.

I went to the one in the next town over to be told they only had one when the sale started and it was already gone. Today I called Target in yet another town and asked if they had any, I was told they had several. I immediately drove out there to find out that they were out.

They called another store who said they had one and put it in guest services for me and when I got there they didn't have any of the $9.99 ones only the $49.99 full size ones which they held behind the counter for me because after all that I was gonna spend an extra $40 right?I will never shop at Target again

andbran
Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #65159

if it was a summer item she wouldnt have been able to get a rain check. i work for Target and when we dont have an item i do try to find it at a different store.but that is hard with seasonal items. if its a popular item its usually gone within an hour after the store opens.so actually bait and switch does not apply here

Quote = Manchesterbell “I went for a gazebo a day before it was suppose to be one sale.”

What is the DCPI (item) number that you are looking for?

Quote = Manchesterbell “Was told oh we don't hve any but another store across town has two.” Did the TM (red shirt Team Member) look it up for you? Did that TM also phone the other store to confirm? Did you get the name of the TM involved?

Quote = Manchesterbell “I drive an hour away and they don't have any. They tell you that another store have them.” I wouldn’t drive five blocks without a phone confirmation first…

Quote = Manchesterbell “I came home and call 5 diferent Target Stores in Maryland and was told by all of them they don't have any.”

Couple of insider points to help you next time:

(1) It takes a lot of work to fill the nearly 1700 Target stores with sale merchandise to be ready on the day.

(2) It is common for inter-store inventory reports to show “Qty = 2” as a placeholder before the sale starts. Many times there are loads of items just waiting to be pushed out to the sales floor overnight before a sale. You really need to get the TMs involved with ‘facts’ (i.e. phone other stores and giving their names so you don’t waste time and gas on wild errands).

(3) Why not get a rain check on the item and pick it up later when the item is in stock again (you will lock in the sales price, too!)

Quote = Manchesterbell “I am...

Perhaps it is, but first to have to convince us that you were baited and switched to another item. Did you make a purchase? If so what is that DCPI, and was higher, the same, or lower than the item you saw first?

Let’s have a discussion about your role as the guest in a Target Store and put aside all the drama, okay?