Target - That $5 Targer Free Giftard is not free after all
Update added by user May 02
They should stop the practice of promoting "free" giftcards, when in reality it is not free.The cost of the giftcards are charged back to the customer.
I made 2 separate purchases, each receipt indicated "total savings" of $13.92 and $11.10 respectively including the cost of 3 giftcards my purchase qualified for. However, to my surprise when I got my credit card statement, I was not only charged for the Swiffer items I bought, but an extra $15 for 3 giftcards. In the end, the "savings" came to a whopping total of $10 discount offered for picking the items at the store!!
Next time, I'll stick to buying from Amazon, no trickery there, and would've been delivered to my front door for free due to the total purchase amount.Lesson learned, and I'll not forget it.
Original review posted by user May 01
Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items.I bought a "qualifying" 6 items and I got my "FREE" 3 $5 gift cards.
I just received my credit card statement, and was surprised to see 3 charges for $5! Called them up, and they referred me to the "FINE PRINT", where buried in the middle of the whole thing is the following: "Your account will be charged the amount of the qualifying item reduced by a Target discount in an amount equal to the amount of the gift card, and a separate charge for the amount of the gift card will be assessed. " if you don't read the fine print you miss finding out that you will be charged for the "free" $5 cards!!!
I can't believe they have to resort to this kind of scam to get people to buy from them.This is a very deceptive practice that low-life desperate companies resort to, and I can't believe Target stoops so low!
Check it out and beware!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Merchandise i purchased
What I disliked
- Advertised savings is bordering on fraud
You May Also Like
- "Went to target on the I-410 loop closest to Lackland AFB, TX for Star Wars release today. First one was at 1030pm sept 3rd. Went in and asked customer service,..."
- " Most Pathetic service by Target.com online and worse they don't let you submit a bad review!!!. I wonder how is their online business even surviving?? I ordered this item and..."
- "My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home..."
- "Date: 10/09/2014 Management Walmart 10th Ave N. Palm Springs Fl. 33461 Gentlemen, On 10/08/2014, I ate a sandwich made from Tuna salad purchased from your store. The tuna contained foreign objects some of which I ingested. I..."
- "HORRIBLE! They damaged my vintage collectable surfboard. I submitted a claim stating the repair is $150 just to close the hole but it cannot ever been fixed to original. They..."
- "I RECENTLY WENT TO THE CHILIS ON GATEWAY AND MILITARY, I TOOK MY COUSIN THERE FOR HER BDAY,THIS HAPPENED ON THE 23RD OF JULY NO ONE CALLED ME YET ,SO..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."