Target - That $5 Targer Free Giftard is not free after all
Update added by user May 02, 2016
They should stop the practice of promoting "free" giftcards, when in reality it is not free.The cost of the giftcards are charged back to the customer.
I made 2 separate purchases, each receipt indicated "total savings" of $13.92 and $11.10 respectively including the cost of 3 giftcards my purchase qualified for. However, to my surprise when I got my credit card statement, I was not only charged for the Swiffer items I bought, but an extra $15 for 3 giftcards. In the end, the "savings" came to a whopping total of $10 discount offered for picking the items at the store!!
Next time, I'll stick to buying from Amazon, no trickery there, and would've been delivered to my front door for free due to the total purchase amount.Lesson learned, and I'll not forget it.
Original review posted by user May 01, 2016
Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items.I bought a "qualifying" 6 items and I got my "FREE" 3 $5 gift cards.
I just received my credit card statement, and was surprised to see 3 charges for $5! Called them up, and they referred me to the "FINE PRINT", where buried in the middle of the whole thing is the following: "Your account will be charged the amount of the qualifying item reduced by a Target discount in an amount equal to the amount of the gift card, and a separate charge for the amount of the gift card will be assessed. " if you don't read the fine print you miss finding out that you will be charged for the "free" $5 cards!!!
I can't believe they have to resort to this kind of scam to get people to buy from them.This is a very deceptive practice that low-life desperate companies resort to, and I can't believe Target stoops so low!
Check it out and beware!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Merchandise i purchased
What I disliked
- Advertised savings is bordering on fraud
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I saw this sign on the morning of April 18th 2015 out front of PSL Target and I had to know why someone would put this up. I really thought..."
- "was a target executive in new york for 8 years.2 words for target *** YOU.i went from being a superstar to a horses *** in months then back to a..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- " 2014 New Fashion Women's Blouse Lace Sleeve Loose Tops round neck T-shirt Chiffion Tops Emboriey Gorgeous long Sleeve SHIRTS Free Shipping Item code: 210741821 I purchased 2 of the same shirts from..."
- "I bought two cars in a 30 day period from Copart in West Palm Beach, Florida. Turns out one of the cars didnt have air bags. Once I found that..."
- "I RECENTLY WENT TO THE CHILIS ON GATEWAY AND MILITARY, I TOOK MY COUSIN THERE FOR HER BDAY,THIS HAPPENED ON THE 23RD OF JULY NO ONE CALLED ME YET ,SO..."