Update added by user May 02
They should stop the practice of promoting "free" giftcards, when in reality it is not free.The cost of the giftcards are charged back to the customer.
I made 2 separate purchases, each receipt indicated "total savings" of $13.92 and $11.10 respectively including the cost of 3 giftcards my purchase qualified for. However, to my surprise when I got my credit card statement, I was not only charged for the Swiffer items I bought, but an extra $15 for 3 giftcards. In the end, the "savings" came to a whopping total of $10 discount offered for picking the items at the store!!
Next time, I'll stick to buying from Amazon, no trickery there, and would've been delivered to my front door for free due to the total purchase amount.Lesson learned, and I'll not forget it.
Original review posted by user May 01
Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items.I bought a "qualifying" 6 items and I got my "FREE" 3 $5 gift cards.
I just received my credit card statement, and was surprised to see 3 charges for $5! Called them up, and they referred me to the "FINE PRINT", where buried in the middle of the whole thing is the following: "Your account will be charged the amount of the qualifying item reduced by a Target discount in an amount equal to the amount of the gift card, and a separate charge for the amount of the gift card will be assessed. " if you don't read the fine print you miss finding out that you will be charged for the "free" $5 cards!!!
I can't believe they have to resort to this kind of scam to get people to buy from them.This is a very deceptive practice that low-life desperate companies resort to, and I can't believe Target stoops so low!
Check it out and beware!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Merchandise i purchased
What I disliked
- Advertised savings is bordering on fraud
You May Also Like
- "Cortney Kimbrow that is employed by Target in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as a manager is very rude & unprofessional.I went in to return an article of clothing that I had bought..."
- "Hi, I bought up & up Kids sunscreem from target store in California (Bay area) and it caused severe allergy around my arms, ears and face. I had to see..."
- "Target has asked for me to file a review to help other customers. I certainly hope my review does help other Target customers! I placed an order for a surprise 15th..."
- "We were looking for a replacement for our 2 year old sectional that was falling apart on us (another story) and stopped by City Furniture to see what they had...."
- "I ordered a Philadelphia Eagles Teacher t-shirt. We all know that the Eagles colors are green, white and black. The t-shirt came black wig gray writing!!! I contacted them..."
- "I bought two cars in a 30 day period from Copart in West Palm Beach, Florida. Turns out one of the cars didnt have air bags. Once I found that..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."