Holiday Shoppers: If your considering purchasing a 'Gift Card' Stay away from Target... They continue to have Chronic Systemic Internal Security Issues...

Your 'Gift Card' balance will 'disappear' and they will blame YOU... No Refunds I got ripped-off for $500 last month, same M.O. as this link describes... $115,000 stolen from Target gift cards http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/More-than-115-000-stolen-from-Target-gift-cards-12253689.php I purchased a $500 Target 'Baby Gift Card' at Target.com on 10/10/2017, they drop-shipped the 'physical card' (not an eCard) to the recipient's IL address.

It arrived on 10/12/2017. When the gift recipient tried to use the card at her local IL Target store on ~10/20/2017, she was told the card was 'Empty.' I contacted Target.com on 10/21/2017 (1-800-544-2943) and was told the card was used at a Target store in (Alabama?) on 10/16/2017 and was now 'Empty.' They opened an investigation and told me it would take a few weeks to resolve. I called Target.com again on 11/03/2017 (spoke with Gift Card Specialist) and was told the final resolution was to 'refuse' to replace the card or refund my $500 and that I had no other recourse! Even though Target has had this very same problem before, with their own employees stealing the Gift Card Balance, they still won't refund my $500.

I continue to pursue the issue with the BBB, FTC, et. but Target is stone-walling, refusing to provide details of where and when the card was used.

I'll probably end up filing criminal charges, but I doubt that will resolve anything. Stay away from Target and Target.com, they have 'major' security issues.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments