1.5

Attempted to purchase $510.16 worth of merchandise from Target of Cleveland, TN on 11/16/2915. 1st attempted to pay with my debit card and was denied (we realized after denial that we had exceeded our 24 hour debit transaction limit of $1000) and wrote a check for the total.

Our check was also denied with only a phone number to call for explanation. The cashier shrugged her shoulders and told us to call the number on the back of the check. I should have just left the store and told them where they could put their merchandise, but after spending an hour in their store, I elected to call the number and find out what the problem was. The Target customer service or whomever answered the phone was extremely rude.

The only reason given for denying my check was "lack of activity" with only 1 check written to Target in the past year. Target customer service was very rude and offered no other option. I then asked to speak with a manager and was rudely told to hold, which I did for over 15 minutes before a manager finally responded. She too was very rude and unsympathetic to my situation.

She just repeated what I had already heard with no other option. I told her that I would never shop at Target again and she could care less! I left the store without our bagged shopping cart of $510.16 worth of merchandise. The cashiers also could care less and offered no sympathy or resolution.

After getting to the parking lot and leaving, I decided to go to the ATM and withdraw enough cash to pay for our Target purchase. I returned to Target for the final time, paid the cashier in cash and left with MY merchandise.

This is my final purchase at any Target store anywhere! Target could care less about their customers or how they are treated!

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of target debit card from Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Target to "treated like a valued customer!".

The most disappointing in user's experience was unsympathetic. Author liked the most variety. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, United States #1069351

debit care rejected because of exceeding the 24 hour $1k limit but customer went to ATM 20 minutes later and got the money. This is a contradiction IF the same debit card was used.

Checks are sometimes cleared by a 3rd party firm and I have read horror stories about one firm.

Poor cashier/clerk who followed the rules, and I would guess if the customer was PO'd, it was reflected to everyone else thereafter, hence perhaps the rudness was reactionary.

If your purchase of $510 was at any other store, your blame would be cast at that store for the same reasons; exceeding your daily limit.

I too spend a lot of money in stores, but a check is an outdated form of payment, you should use your debit card instead.