4.6K views

Purchased a portable DVD player from Target and a 3 year extended warranty for $19.Six months later the DVD sound stopped working so I called teh warranty service.

They sent me a box to send out to there repair center. After 3 weeks I finally called to see what happen and the service department said it was sent back and was not repaired. They said they sent it back without repair because it had physical damage. There is not a scratch on it, so I don;t know what they consider physical damage.

However, because they put a disclaimer on the warranty taht if the unit has physical damage it will not be repaired, they get a loophole out of having to fix any item they warranty.

The rep from Target said she didn;t even see any notes, just that it was sent back.So this company is ripping people off with this scam and need to be stopped.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

They are full of *** never buy from target again. My tv worked good then it stop lines all over it they said its physical damage and they won't fix it! B.s

Well, I just bought a pair of skullcandy headphones, and about 2 months later the right speaker had stopped working, so I just called target, asked them if I could get a new pair, the woman working costumer service told me that she could, even if I didn't have the original packaging, and everything went by perfectly. I really don't understand why everyone is having such terrible problems with theor warranties...

Victorville, California, United States #835373

I bought a pair of Skull Candy gaming headphones for my sons PS3.Paid for the replacement program.

2 months later the right side headphone broke. Target is telling me that its user error and they wont replace them.

Why do they put that they will cover mechanical or electronical problems and normal wear and tear on the warranty then basically tell you your out of luck we don't cover that.That's BS.

I bought an extended 3 year warranty on my son's 40" flat screen October 19, 2012.The co-axle came loose from the back and the speakers stopped working.

I called to see if the tv could be replaced with our warranty and was told someone would have to come out and look at the tv to see if it could be repaired. A repairman came out on Monday and checked out the tv. He told my son that there was no way he could fix the co-axle without taking off the back of the tv which would more than likely mess something else up. He told my son he would contact him which has been 6 days now.

I just called the warranty place again and they said there was nothing notated on the file about what the repairman had told my son. She said it would be at least 3 business days before they will call back.

So I paid $45.00 for a 3 year warranty that is basically no good.I do plan to call the insurance company that the warranties are through to let them know how Target is representing their insurance company by not honoring the warranties.

to Dawn #737319

Classic Target!

You would be wise to learn the lesson here to never buy electronics at Target.

They do not stand behind ANYTHING they sell.

Good luck trying to get your problem resolved, but don't believe for one minute that Target will help you.

THEY WON'T!!!!!!

I too have been taken by Target's warranty.I purchased a leappad with the specific information from two different store employees that it covered all repairs.

Now I find out that warranty does not cover screen breakage. I purchased the leappad there b/c of the warranty. Never again.

I want to tell everyone I know about it so they are not taken.Thought Target was a step above Walmart, but walmart warranties cover screen breakage.

Milford, Michigan, United States #633361

I used my replacement plan for an iPod touch.Sent it in and received a gift card for the full value in less than a week.

$19 well spent. I don't know how all these people had such a bad experience. I highly recommend the warranty for electronics at target.

It's cheep insurance and works well.Especially if you think you might break an iPod glass screen

I bought beats solo and I want to return them because I am not very happy with them anymore and I was wondering if I had a two year warranty if I could get my money back for the full price I payed for them.

People, people, people...

There are four different Extended Warranties through target. Two of them DO cover accidental damage on handling, and two of them do NOT.

The 2-Year Replacement Plan($4/$7/$17)? No.

The 3-Year Service Plan($29/$45/$79/$99)? No.

The 2-Year Laptop/Tablet Plan? Yes. In fact, it is far more effective for protecting iPads than even AppleCare.

The 2-Year Video Game Plan? Yes. And this does encompass the Red Ring of Death for XBOX 360s as well.

Know what you are buying, and know how to use it and when to use it.

Target should be ashamed of deceiving their guests on the plans which "mask" the mfr warranty period. I'll bet that many at the executive level don't understand what's going on - that they've fallen into the abyss by even offering these blatant ripoffs. Thought they were above the frey in treating their guests with respect.