Update by user Oct 18

As of today 10/18/17.I have not heard from anyone at Target Tech.

I have a family plan for 5 lines and I am paying for 6 phones. I spent 3 different days at Target and over 2.5 hours each time and resolved absolutely nothing. The manager from Target Tech refused to speak to me. Instead chose to text his employee and dismiss me.

I am a single mother of 4 and I look for sales wherever I can get them. The fact that they did not honor the promotion of trading in your phone and receive a 200$ gift card hurt me . I was depending on that to be able to buy Christmas gifts.

Deeply disappointed and upset.Feel really stupid and deceived.

Original review posted by user Oct 15

I feel so violated and stupid."Traded" in my phone for a new phone.

The tech forgot to mention that I would still have to pay on the phone even though I no longer owned it.....as well as I spent 2 1/2 hours doing another transaction , got tired of waiting and said I would be back the next day and would the promo still apply....Yes m'am . WRONG!!!!Went back the next day and was told that no they would not honor the promo. I asked to speak with the manager and so the tech texted manager and he refused to speak with me. Target manager was also unable to help because the mobile department is not "part" of target.

All in all I am pissed, tired and deceived.I will tell anyone and everyone not to shop there and to be aware that if it sounds too good to be true .......

Review about: Target Trade-in.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bad and unhelpful customer service, Target mobile.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Still have not received any comments or mail regarding my situation. Still frustrated and upset every time I see my bill and have to keep paying for something I no longer have.

As far as I know, Target Mobile is sponsored outside of Target.I think it's Verizon that backs them?

At any rate, Target Mobile is "treated" as a separate entity like Starbucks/Which Witch/Pizza Hut/Optical so there's not much actual Target members can do to help you resolve the issue. As for the actual promotion, they DO use Target registers to process transactions; this means that on Sunday of EACH WEEK, the promotions from the previous week will no longer apply/work as they're triggered directly from the corporate office - especially Gift Card promotions from Target. This means that even if they wanted to, they can't honor the promotion.

The system won't let them and there is no override.- former target employee

aliens_amoung_us

I never knew they even had phones, let alone phone plans.Go figure.

Anyway, this is because they are idiots.

They are not in the phone business, nor should get involved in it, for obvious reasons, such as your issue. Their IT/tech support is a joke, and I could probably help people better and I don't have a degree in the IT field, yet worked in IT for 20 years.

Hmmm.....maybe they are hiring.

Anyway, I'd think about going to a real phone store where you can get support face to face.Good luck.

to aliens_amoung_us #1381680

Lol.I did.

I went to the Att store .Unfortunately there was nothing they could do about the extra phone I now have to pay ...