I am mobility impaired and often use the Target riding cart for my shopping. At checkout, the cashier loaded my items on the belt and after purchase, repacked the bags into the cart. After getting into my car ard returning home - (over 20mi) I discovered that one bag was missing without about $24.00 in mdse. I immediately called the store and spoke to Guest Services. Yes, the bag was turned in, I identified the missing products, and the clerk said she logged it in with my name. She told me to come back with my original receipt and they would take care of it.
When I returned the next day, I also physically returned one of the items purchased (about $10 item). I asked for my other items and the clerk (actually the same person I spoke to on the phone - who remembered my call) said that the items had been returned to the sales floor. I was tired and said that I just wanted the credit back on my Target Red card - because I didn't want to go all over the store and find the original items.
Suddenly, she tells me that she can't put the $24 back on my card as a credit. She could only issue a $24 gift card. Huh? I had the original receipt, and she had just credited me $10 for the item I returned. She also had a log showing all the items in the "lost" bag and my matching receipt for those items. I don't want them anymore, you already have them in the store, and I just want a credit back to cut down the new $70 balance on my Target credit card.
"Can't do that, has to go on a gift card" she says. But you have credit for the whole $24 on the gift card. Okay, I said, I'll buy $24 worth of stuff right here at the checkout and then return it for credit to my RED card. "Nope, can't do that, if you buy with a gift card, it has to be credit back to a gift card."
"so you're saying that my $24 is now TRAPPED in Target mdse, no matter what?"
"That is ***, I said". I understand that I still have credit. But I REALLY want to apply that money back to the original purchase, so that my new debt on the card is only about $35 instead of $60 (since they did credit the $10 item to my card).
I asked the clerk, the Customer Serv Mgr, and I asked for the Store manager or Asst Manager. The CSM would not call the manager for me. It was their fault. The original cashier packed my cart and left off the bag. I even said, "Do I have everything?
I called Target HDG Guest Services in Minneapolis. They couldn't help me. They told me that since the gift card was already issued, it could not be converted to cash or a RED card credit. I understand that I am being a pain in the *** about this --- but I just want to pay down my credit card bill (THE CARD THEY ISSUED TO ME). and not buy $24 worth of stuff I no longer want.
1. Original cashier did not load my cart with bats (disabled shopper -they loaded "ALL" bags.
2. Could not issue a credit back to the original RED card - even though there was no question about the missing items that had already been returned to the salesfloor, AND I had the original receipt, showing the form of payment.
3. They handed me the original receipt, the return receipt (for $10 item), and the gift card with $24 on it.
4. HDQ in Minneapolis tells me they will help me -- what is the ID # on the giftcard receipt? HUH? They did not give me a gift card receipt, but I have the gift card with all serial numbers on it.
5. HDQ: Too bad, without the gift card receipt, there are no refunds.
AAACKKK!!! I am tired of the TARGET bureacracy and BS. I cut up my RED card. I will pay the balance, and I guess I will have to try to sell the gift card to get my money back.
Did I mention that I worked for Target for 7 years, back in the 80s when I was in college. I was a service desk clerk. Back then, we did everything we could to help the Customer. I knew all the angles and was suspicious of "no-receipt returns". I griped about Customers all the time. But you know, when you have ALL THE PROOF your need, AND YOU REMEMBER the exact transaction from the previous day.... you don't pull out this BS. You bring the store manager down with his override key, and you make the Customer happy. I know this, I lived this. I even told them to do an override cash refund, and apply the cash directly to my RED card. Nope. No deal. Sorry lady, you're just screwed.
Something else I learned twenty years ago when I was a Customer Service representative for Target? The average satisfied Customer MAYBE tells one person about their experience -- if they tell anyone at all. The dissatisfied Customer tells about 10 people about a bad experience.
I cut up my RED card. I will also be blogging this, Facebooking, Twittering, Yahooing, etc. Because now I am mad.
Have a good day, Target Team Members!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Target Homeâ„¢ Rolston Wicker Patio Chaise Lounge
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I am very disappointed and upset because last week I went to go purchased a pair of loafers (shoe department) for my sister. On the shoe tag and shoe box..."
- " Very disappointed with Target. They had an online and in store sale on the Bathery Bath Sponges. It was buy 3 for $1.99 and get a $5 gift card...."
- "Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items. I..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I purchased $4000 worth of furniture at Rooms To Go. Two months later one of lamps tipped over and broke into many pieces. I am so surprised at how easily..."
- "Elizabeth Muelhaupt, Bruce Spurlock and Dallas Crawley formed a company called BDL Solutions in August of 2010 when their Mortgage operation Discount Mortgage Relief collapsed. The company was a debt..."
- "I am SO angry right now. I have 4 pictures I took immediately after getting my book from the mailbox. The package is totally RIPPED open. My book is torn,..."