I am mobility impaired and often use the Target riding cart for my shopping. At checkout, the cashier loaded my items on the belt and after purchase, repacked the bags into the cart. After getting into my car ard returning home - (over 20mi) I discovered that one bag was missing without about $24.00 in mdse. I immediately called the store and spoke to Guest Services. Yes, the bag was turned in, I identified the missing products, and the clerk said she logged it in with my name. She told me to come back with my original receipt and they would take care of it.
When I returned the next day, I also physically returned one of the items purchased (about $10 item). I asked for my other items and the clerk (actually the same person I spoke to on the phone - who remembered my call) said that the items had been returned to the sales floor. I was tired and said that I just wanted the credit back on my Target Red card - because I didn't want to go all over the store and find the original items.
Suddenly, she tells me that she can't put the $24 back on my card as a credit. She could only issue a $24 gift card. Huh? I had the original receipt, and she had just credited me $10 for the item I returned. She also had a log showing all the items in the "lost" bag and my matching receipt for those items. I don't want them anymore, you already have them in the store, and I just want a credit back to cut down the new $70 balance on my Target credit card.
"Can't do that, has to go on a gift card" she says. But you have credit for the whole $24 on the gift card. Okay, I said, I'll buy $24 worth of stuff right here at the checkout and then return it for credit to my RED card. "Nope, can't do that, if you buy with a gift card, it has to be credit back to a gift card."
"so you're saying that my $24 is now TRAPPED in Target mdse, no matter what?"
"That is ***, I said". I understand that I still have credit. But I REALLY want to apply that money back to the original purchase, so that my new debt on the card is only about $35 instead of $60 (since they did credit the $10 item to my card).
I asked the clerk, the Customer Serv Mgr, and I asked for the Store manager or Asst Manager. The CSM would not call the manager for me. It was their fault. The original cashier packed my cart and left off the bag. I even said, "Do I have everything?
I called Target HDG Guest Services in Minneapolis. They couldn't help me. They told me that since the gift card was already issued, it could not be converted to cash or a RED card credit. I understand that I am being a pain in the *** about this --- but I just want to pay down my credit card bill (THE CARD THEY ISSUED TO ME). and not buy $24 worth of stuff I no longer want.
1. Original cashier did not load my cart with bats (disabled shopper -they loaded "ALL" bags.
2. Could not issue a credit back to the original RED card - even though there was no question about the missing items that had already been returned to the salesfloor, AND I had the original receipt, showing the form of payment.
3. They handed me the original receipt, the return receipt (for $10 item), and the gift card with $24 on it.
4. HDQ in Minneapolis tells me they will help me -- what is the ID # on the giftcard receipt? HUH? They did not give me a gift card receipt, but I have the gift card with all serial numbers on it.
5. HDQ: Too bad, without the gift card receipt, there are no refunds.
AAACKKK!!! I am tired of the TARGET bureacracy and BS. I cut up my RED card. I will pay the balance, and I guess I will have to try to sell the gift card to get my money back.
Did I mention that I worked for Target for 7 years, back in the 80s when I was in college. I was a service desk clerk. Back then, we did everything we could to help the Customer. I knew all the angles and was suspicious of "no-receipt returns". I griped about Customers all the time. But you know, when you have ALL THE PROOF your need, AND YOU REMEMBER the exact transaction from the previous day.... you don't pull out this BS. You bring the store manager down with his override key, and you make the Customer happy. I know this, I lived this. I even told them to do an override cash refund, and apply the cash directly to my RED card. Nope. No deal. Sorry lady, you're just screwed.
Something else I learned twenty years ago when I was a Customer Service representative for Target? The average satisfied Customer MAYBE tells one person about their experience -- if they tell anyone at all. The dissatisfied Customer tells about 10 people about a bad experience.
I cut up my RED card. I will also be blogging this, Facebooking, Twittering, Yahooing, etc. Because now I am mad.
Have a good day, Target Team Members!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Target Homeâ„¢ Rolston Wicker Patio Chaise Lounge
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Cortney Kimbrow that is employed by Target in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as a manager is very rude & unprofessional.I went in to return an article of clothing that I had bought..."
- "I paid my bill on due date , I thought I paid on time. I never checked my card because I never used it. Two months later I received..."
- "PLEASE SHARE. BEWARE!!! Make sure you check prices at Target. When I tried to report it to 3 different sales associates, first assoc. said they ran out of tags so..."
- "I thought I had somehow infected my upper lip. My P.A. put me on oral antibiotic and a cream antibiotic. The condition worsened. I was..."
- "Placed an order with little credit,therefore.I was requested a deposit of half the order cost. Paid for the item in advance a Craftan 14.95 that cost me 22.59 with all..."
- "What a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Let's start off with the fact that Randall Isenberg and his entire firm have ZERO communication skills! It was IMPOSSIBLE to EVER get a hold of..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."