So we bought a comforter set at our local Target and then painted our daughter's room to match (two paints, border).We spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours.

Then we go to put the comforter on only to find out that there is a stain on the comforter that we can't clean. Call local Target where we bought it only to find they don't have it in stock and cannot order another one in. They do find it at a store 1 1/2 hours away from us but are told they CANNOT / WILL NOT ship it to the local store. If we want it we have to drive there to get it.

They tell us of course we can return it for a full refund. They don't give a rats rear that we have invested money / time in painting the room to match. Also told we could call the manufacturer because they may be more accomodating but then they can't tell me the manufacturers number. LET ME SAY, DO NOT SHOP TARGET EVER!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE THE MOST UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY I HAVE EVER MET.THEY COULD HAVE MADE US HAPPY AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY JUST SHIPPING THE COMFORTER TO OUR LOCAL STORE BUT INSTEAD THEY DECIDE TO STICK WITH THE COMPANY LINE "IT IS NOT OUR POLICY." LET ME TELL YOU, WALMART WILL NOW GET ALL OF OUR BUSINESS.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Yeah, I'm not sure that there are many retail stores that will ship between locations for a customer - maybe if the guest would foot the bill for shipping, which would never happen, but expenses like this only raise prices and end up on your receipt. Go shop at Wal-Mart...I love Target, just because the shoppers are so much less trashy than those frequenting Wal-Mart.

Walmart will get all your business?Wow, you want to talk about issues with a store's products...

most things I've ever bought from Walmart were of such poor quality (stains, easily broken, easily worn, etc.) that I would much rather shop at Target.

I personally feel like their products are of high quality than that of Walmart.I didn't realize that an hour and a half would be such a big deal (my closest target is an hour and 15 minutes away) especially considering you did all that work on your daughter's room just to not have the matching comforter.

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“So we bought a comforter set at our local Target and then painted our daughter's room to match (two paints, border). We spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours. Then we go to put the comforter on only to find out that there is a stain on the comforter that we can't clean.”

Wow, you didn’t think to inspect your purchase before doing all that work?

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“Call local Target where we bought it only to find they don't have it in stock and cannot order another one in. They do find it at a store 1 1/2 hours away from us but are told they CANNOT / WILL NOT ship it to the local store.”

Luckily for you the item is available from another Target store. Now why would you expect Target to step and fetch this item for you? The stores operate independently, there is no system of inter-store transfer. Why would you think otherwise? Do you know of any retailer that offers a drop-ship service to another store?

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“They tell us of course we can return it for a full refund.”

Or, you can look on line and see if the same item is available from Target.com or another retailer in your locale.

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“They don't give a rats rear that we have invested money / time in painting the room to match.”

No one told you to paint the room! You don’t give a...

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“LET ME SAY, DO NOT SHOP TARGET EVER!!!!!!!!!”

You won’t be missed by us.

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“THEY ARE THE MOST UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY I HAVE EVER MET.”

As a self-described retail expert you should know better. Can you suggest alternatives to Target to enlighten the rest of us?

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“THEY COULD HAVE MADE US HAPPY AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY JUST SHIPPING THE COMFORTER TO OUR LOCAL STORE BUT INSTEAD THEY DECIDE TO STICK WITH THE COMPANY LINE "IT IS NOT OUR POLICY."”

They could have come over to help you paint and decorate, they could have taken you and your family out for a steak dinner, or a romantic weekend in a B&B, or …

But they didn’t, did they?

Quote=” Target ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! “

“LET ME TELL YOU, WALMART WILL NOW GET ALL OF OUR BUSINESS.”

Great! Another satisfied customer for them and one less headache for Target!

:cry we spent time money and effort :cry :cry :cry they wouldn't spend money on a single customer :cry :cry :cry I am soooooooooo important :cry :cry :cry they refused to bow down to my greatness :cry :cry :cry :cry I'll show them :cry :cry I'll post on the all mighty internet!

I hate target too.

BUT if you look at the tags on the comforter, you'll find a name for the company and you can easily get a number on the internet. Most manufacturers are very willing to help a customer out.