On Sunday, March 1, at 12 o’clock I stood in line to one of the cashiers at Target in Harmar, PA.

Elderly cashier kept fumbling with bagging and with the cash register. He was slow and inefficient. Finally it was my turn. The old man processed my merchandise but hasn’t noticed the new customer bar on the conveyer and processed a few items belonging to the next customer. Ordinarily, in any other store, this would be a little insignificant mishap. All it takes is a few keystrokes to reverse such little mistake, but not at Target. The old man didn’t know how to get out of this. He kept calling for help but nobody came.

Finally, a young lady came over but the old man unexpectedly and inexplicably left. He went to the entry area, grabbed a map and began cleaning the floor. That seemed to be a function that he was more familiar then with running a cash register.

A young lady kept yelling some questions to the old man, but he kept ignoring her. The lady left and I was left alone standing there. A man came over. I asked him if he is a manager. – No, - he replied, - I’m security. I asked him to call a manager. The security man kept calling on his wireless intercom, but nobody came.

Eventually, a young man with a Trainee tag arrived to tell the security guy that the man he is calling is not there. After a while the “manager” appeared. They call him at Target “A Job Leader”. “The Job Leader” began by trying to tell me about his grandfather’s recent death. When I told him that all I want is to pay and to get out of there, he got really sore.

Finally, I paid and left this store. Not a single apology. In fact it didn’t look like there was anybody who cared at all.

According to Bloomberg News, Target’s CEO, Brian Cornell is leading the shake-up of this troubled retailer. Mr. Cornell, tightening the belt and focusing on basics is certainly a very good idea. However, I think that better employee training and better selection of those who are entrusted with the supervision of the store should be your first and foremost priority.

Today you lost me as a customer, tomorrow you will lose more. In fact, judging by the amount of complaints about your store on various websites, Target is already wondering through the Valley of Death. Very few retailers ever made it back from out there.

GZ

GZaretsky wrote the review because of poor customer service at Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Target to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Target and target cashier for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #956920

I understand that you are seven years old and really wanted to get home and play with your toys. However you have to respect your elders.

One day you too will be old and slow. Where was mommy this whole time. Clearly it is neglect for her to allow a young child such as yourself to shop alone. Why would he clean the floor with a map.

Before making fun of what another person cannot do learn the difference between map and mop. You have no heart, the man's grandfather recently died. You probably are to young to know what death is but this means he will never get to see his grandpa again or talk to him. No one owes a heartless spoiled brat like you an apology.

One day you will be old and your body will slow down. You will have someone you love die. Hopefully you get someone judging you and making you look bad. Here is what I think you need adult supervision while shopping.

You also need to learn empathy and tolerance.

I doubt your service will be missed and I doubt other people are as uncaring and umempatic as you are.