I have resided in the Colorado area specifically in Aurora for the past 15 years and I am annoyed with the fact that Target stores have methodically over looked the needs of a growing African American and Ethnic Market in Colorado. My most recent experience was at a Target Store in Aurora off Quincy and Buckley.

The store services a large segment of multi ethnic groups, with no personal products specifically geared to service the needs of people in those communities. Specifically Health and Beauty Products from African American manufacturers. Their is a great need and I believe since Target is out of Minnesota they are truly our of touch with the needs for products in these growing ethnic markets.

The store I refer to above had a 3 foot shelf space with maybe four or five products, empty shelves for ethnic products, I search the store for over 20 minutes in search multi-ethnic products The company needs to refocus efforts towards servicing multi ethnic communities, because people are being forced to travel across town to area's were ethnic products are sold or WalMart for ethnic Hair and Beauty products.

Comments

I figured "Soul Glow" would have be in good supply!

The woman is complaining about stocking certain products at Target.

I can't believe that is her only complaint.

Hasn't she seen for herself yet that Target is the suckest business on the planet?

I can't wait until she writes back and complains about the store as a whole, particularly about their miserable customer service.

Until then, we wait.

fried chicken and grape soda too ;]

Yes as in it's a very racial comment... But what does that have to do with me?

Yes? Why wouldn't I?

You are going about this all wrong. Sounds like it's a growing demographic and I'm sure that when they figure this out they would add those products.

Saying they are discriminating is slanderous and not based on any truth, only that you can't find your "ethnic" products. Trust me, stores want to have what they know will sell. It all comes from marketing and census. Try being reasonable and perhaps contact target...

And if you happen to get ahold of them have legitimate numbers to back up your claims.

Just complaining on here doesn't solve anything. And stores are always getting new items.

It isn't discrimination, it is selling products that a larger segment of the population is likely to buy. Target, or any other store for that matter, don't need to service every single person's individual needs, just the majority.