I know this because of targeted ads. I bought some fringe things at Target (no where else) and i started seeing targeted ads for such things in Facebook. How does Facebook know? They've sold my personal purchasing data to Facebook.

Comments

It is true, I'm afraid. If you don't clear your browsing history and cookies before you log into Facebook, you are being tracked. Evidently, FB users are okay with this lack of privacy.

IHateStupidCustomers

wouldn't that be a complaint against Facebook then? I guess this person was drunk while they posted this.

I don't know what Target does regarding Facebook accounts, but wouldn't at all be surprised at anything they do to sell out their customers.

Target is a store best stayed away from because their main focus is to take advantage of their customers. The best way to avoid Target's deception is to avoid shopping there at all. They are horrible to their customers.

Facebook tracks your browsing history on your computer with cookies. If you researched your purchases online before buying, Facebook gathered that information from your browsing history.

How would Target know which Facebook account is yours?

BigBruce

Remove the tin foil off your head, take your anti-psychotic meds, and call us in the morning.