Wednesday March 4th 2008 I saw on www.target.com they had the V-Rocker Extreme DPCI: 249-11-0060 as a temporary price cut as $19.99 and it clearly states "This item is available online and in stores."

I went to Target in Bayshore NY. I had asked about the V-Rocker Extreme DPCI: 249-11-0060 ...The said they had 4 and verified it was infact 19.99. When they went to look they said it was out of stock and proceeded to give me a listing of the other Target stores on Long island in New York.

I then went in the car and called the Farmingdale NY Target and they gave me the same information only it was to late to go there at that point to pick it up but they told me to go back in the store and ask them to check in the back as they have 4 of them.

I went back in asked customer service to check in the back for me and the lady laughed in my face and said they are unloading the truck that there was noone to look for me... There were over 30 people on staff that night and to top it she was ringing out another associate which was on the clock at that moment (which is not supposed to be done while they are on company time). She then ignored me so I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor came and contacted someone in the back.... The person in the back said "this had better be good and important" with a very big attitude.

After the supervisor gave the DPCI number with out a blink of an eye the person on the other end said they were out of stock. The next day I went to Farmingdale store, they confirmed it was 19.99 but they are not in stock and sent me to Westbury, SAME THING, Westbury sent me to Commack, Commack sent me to the Medford store...

I thought my journey was over since they had them in stock... got up to the register and they rung them up only now the price was $59.99.... guest services called Bayshore and they said that $59.99 was the price! I get home and call customer service ad they tell me www.Target.com and Target stores are seperate entities and not all prices online are the same in the stores.... THEN WHY DOES THE SITE SAY AVAILABLE ONLINE AND IN STORES? Pretty much they can do nothing, so why do they have a customer service line I wonder? I will never step foot in a target store ever again, nor will I accept presents from anyone that are purchased in the store or online... this experience has cured me of ever dealing with them again!

Target, www.Target.com, V-Rocker Extreme Catalog # : 10626813 ASIN: B000RZLMR8 DPCI: 249-11-0060, false advertising.

Comments

False pricing on target.com site

Islip, New York, United States #649640

OH WELL, THEY DONT NEED YOUR MONEY. PRICES ONLINE DIFFER FROM IN STORES AND IF IT SAYS ITS IN STORE, THEY STILL CANT MATCH PRICE IT BC IT WAS A TEM.

PRICE.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ TARGETS POLICY AND ALSO CALL EACH STORE AND TELL THEM TO KEEO THE ITEM ON HOLD IF THEY HAVE ONE INSTEAD OF DRIVING AROUND LIKE A DUMMY. GOOD DAY LADY :p

dec. 8, 2011.

I was over charched at the register for a box of cerial. The manager at the customer service counter was happy to return my 26 cents and then told me that the lower price cereal was their brand market pantry. I went to check the shelf and found they had two different prices for the same product.

places. The label general mills 11.5 ounces

Target is way better than wal mart I don't care what anyone says. I know when I was looking for disney gift cards I was sent to 3 different stores all said to have them.

One lady explained, while yes they may have it inventory wise it might be pacakaged and hadn't come across it yet for current stock. Well i cut them slack and waited because I hate wal mart. I got my cards a couple days later.

Had you asked the manager for a rain check they would have given you one. I see them all over our stores!

Target.com and the Target stores will have different prices for some items. And just because it says it is availible in stores does not mean it's going to be in every single Target store. If you go into the store acting like a rude ***, then they will not help you to their fullest abilities, because I'll admit, if you act like a *** to me, I'll be a *** to you.

I am an online shopper. I use Google to search for items I am interested in buying.

No matter what product I am interested in the Target website is listed as a seller. However, when you go to their website, you cannot find the item. For example: I am looking for a Cook's Essential sauce pan. Target.com states they have the item.

When I entered Target.com website, it showed two TFal pans and nothing else. Is this legal?

I consider this false advertising to lure customers to their website in the hopes that they will purchase an item that Target does sell. Isn't this bait and switch?

May I Help You Find Something? you really need to stop sticking up for them because they actually do shady *** i have known many people that have worked at a target and I have heard of many indecent things about many different targets.

You are just trying to make them look good but it isn't working. Either you work for the company somewhere, you work at a target, or you are a lazy @$$ that can't move from in front of the computer anymore so you just talk *** to people over the internet.

Fanwood, New Jersey, United States #228423

TARGET SCREWS PEOPLE EVERYDAY...AND GETS AWAY WITH IT. THEIR UPPER MANAGEMENT LAUGHS ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.... :grin

You are a fool for driving around to different stores and assume the online price is the same as the store. Alot of companies are that way.

Online and retail store are not the same :)hENCE, T'S NOT FALSE ADVERTISING. GO TO WALMART IF YOU REALLY WANT SOME BAAAAD SERVICE!

#201063

Prices clearly marked on the shelf scan at a higher price at the register, this has been going on for two years in my local Target store, Increase bottom line through deceptive "mistakes" Please note too, never has the incorrect scan been lower then the shelf price, always higher.

I'm done with Target and checking with my neighbors they were done along time ago, same complaint.

this is how it works, target.com is separate from target stores, if it says available in stores, it means THE ITEM... since some items are only available on target.com...

now, with a TPC, or temporary price cut, this is something unique to every store, some stores have them at the same time for the same thing, but it's not a target-wide sale like the ad...

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #144801

How do you know the associate was on the clock, you have no way to see if they actually punched in or not. Grow up. Learn how to read, the 'at participating locations" sign they have.

Ive worked at Eureka target 1421 for about 6 months, this is my first job and I only have a high school diploma. 8$ an hour I push carts and clean up ***(lots of horror storys)

Ive worked sales floor and electronics without any training several times kissed *** for more hours and begged to be trained. Last time I asked to be trained in salesfloor after finishing a salesfloor shift I was told no with no reason.

When we had the earthquake few weeks ago we were in the store with unknown chemicals mixed together and wine knocked down. I helped clean up the mess and they told us "we have no budget for overtime so make sure you dont work more then 8hrs. I was hoping that for cleaning up soap, shampoo, ect I thought that staying extra to help clean up but still I only got 8$.

The other day I told a co worker that I'm acquaintance with how I hate cashiering that cleaning up *** is better then dealing with peoples ***. someone overheard me and told my manager and I got "special training" talked about how guests at target it what provides our jobs and if we arnt fast fun and friendly we have no job.

#102064

Quote=”worst ever!!”

“the 'supervisor' at that department said that she did not know what we were talking about and made us look like idiots in front of everyone!!”

Sorry that you felt you were made to look like idiots in public. I wasn’t there so it only hearsay. You are entitled to know the name of a TM (who should be wearing a name badge while “on the clock”). If you reach this point again in another Target store, ask the nearest TM to call the LOD on the walkie. Do not engage with anyone other than the LOD.

Quote=”worst ever!!”

“my husband then went to the shelf where we had gotten the tree from and noticed that the tag was ripped off the shelf.”

Again, this is hearsay. Had you requested the LOD to assist you could have shown her or him the defaced signage. In my experience the LOD would have been your advocate and granted you the discount. “Clearance Merchandise” needs to be disposed of quickly (and often at a loss) to make way for new displays. You are actually doing the LOD a favor by taking it off their hands.

Quote=”worst ever!!”

“to our disgust, there stood the 'supervisor' holding the tag behinf (sic) her back!!! what f****** thieves!!!”

Hmm. If you used that kind of language in the store, or insulted any of the TMs directly, you would have lost credibility and likely would leave the store with empty hands. Does any sale priced clearance item justify that behavior?

#102056

(Responding to ER posted 12/24/09) How convenient it is for you to hide behind the very tools that Target uses to entice customers. If computers are untrustworthy, take the TARGET website off of it.

No one is on a "high horse" just because they expect that someones information or word to be true. If you can't deliver don't make promises, simple. And any complaints about underpaid TARGET workers should be taken up with management and not out on customers.

ER's comment about treat as they would like to be treated, well...what if you went to a Starbucks and ordered a cappacino and they sent you to another location only to find out that truck was delayed and the computer was not updated but you can try another location and so on and so forth. Something tells me you wouldn't appreciate the run around, either.

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #102049

I visited a local target store in WA state,and there was a christmas tree on sale. the last one, and it had a limited time extra price reduction, that stated that the additional discount will be deducted at the register.

when i went to pay for it, the register rung up the regular price. my husband and i questioned the sale price, and the cashier called for a price-check. the 'supervisor' at that department said that she did not know what we were talking about and made us look like idiots in front of everyone!! my husband then went to the shelf where we had gotten the tree from and noticed that the tag was ripped off the shelf.

to our disgust, there stood the 'supervisor' holding the tag behinf her back!!! what f****** thieves!!!

Quote=”Been There Done That!”

“At Christmas I went to get a camera, they were out (the same day as the ad)! They gave me a rain check which I thought was nice BUT a month later they still didn't have a camera!”

Who didn’t have a camera? The single store where you shopped? The entire district of local stores? The entire region of the country? The entire chain of those stores? Every retailer in the country?

The reason that I point this out is that a retailer can’t sell what they don’t have, and they are dependant upon the supply chain to put the items in the store in the first place.

The Target ad insert in your local paper is printed weeks in advance. The signage in the Target store in created and printed weeks in advance. The Target TMs in your local Target store are required to prepare the sales floor over night before the first day of the sale using materials that arrive days or a week in advance. Once all of this is done there is no way to cancel if the factory in China (or elsewhere) didn’t ship to the USA on time, or the container is held at the port, or in customs inspection. Sometimes only a partial shipment is received and most stores may only get a few pieces of the item. Often times this merchandize is time sensitive, for example, last week (December 26th) I unpacked Valentine’s Day materials for February 2010.

If the allocation of product is, say, ten units, and twenty rain checks were issued the store will be ten short. Those guests may not see any more products for six to eight weeks (the shipping time by boat from Asia).

Quote=”Been There Done That!”

“I have read the complants (sic) from other people and I understand and I have read the complants (sic) from employees, but what about this when a company puts an ad in the paper they should have the item NNOT a song and a dance!”

Please share with us what you would do in my position (part time cashier for Target).

Quote=”Been There Done That!”

“Customers get an attitude BECAUSE the person on the other side has the attitude as sooooooooo...who cares because they don't! I am tired of employees with crappy attitudes and stores that advertise some things BUT don't have them in stock!”

Then shop on-line where the human interaction is minimized.

Quote=”Been There Done That!”

“To the employees who want to defend the company they work for OK but TRUST me when I say that when you work with the public you will probable have 99.99% of the people that just tring (sic) to do the best they can but 9 out of 10 times it is the company not the customer!”

Citation needed.

Here’s a suggestion, find a “better” retailer for your shopping. They exist and are typically more costly than main street big box stores such as Target. Or, put on a red shirt and name badge and try your hand at the “human zoo” of retailing!

I have read the complants from other people and I understand and I have read the complants from employees, but what about this when a company puts an ad in the paper they should have the item NNOT a song and a dance! Customers get an attitude BECAUSE the person on the other side has the attitude as sooooooooo...who cares because they don't!

I am tired of employees with crappy attitudes and stores that advertise some things BUT don't have them in stock! To the employees who want to defend the company they work for OK but TRUST me when I say that when you work with the public you will probable have 99.99% of the people that just tring to do the best they can but 9 out of 10 times it is the company not the customer!

Quote=”Target Customer”

“Employers and employees have a responsibility to present the best service possible.”

In theory… As a practical matter I’m going to do whatever the ETL or LOD tells me to do.

Quote=”Target Customer”

“It isn't the consumers (sic) fault that you are not receiving the salary you feel you are worth.”

I believe we are OVER paid! If the state dropped the minimum wage rule the free market would self-correct. Even given the fact that the USA hasn’t had a free market for about one hundred years. The current managed market system in the USA would still be an improvement.

Quote=”Target Customer”

“You have to take responsiblity (sic) to know your job such as, product, cost, location and basic knowledge.”

As a practical matter a typical Target store has over one hundred thousand items. Literally from “soup to nuts”. Would you mandate that each TM have detailed knowledge of every item regardless of department? Most items are rotated on shelves every week, or simply removed to allow room for new items. I doubt you have any first hand experience of working on the sales floor (Target or elsewhere).

Quote=”Target Customer”

“You are there to assist in the purchase and make it a smooth, reassuring and plansant (sic) transition.”

Agreed!

Quote=”Target Customer”

“Consumer you have a responsiblity (sic) to be in the correct store for purchase, and use pleasant social skills so you can be service without incident.”

In theory… While some guest in Target come it to shop and ask advice or a demonstration before making a purchase, there are an equal number that are rude, self-important, uninformed, cheap-stake, or using the store to baby-sit their kids in toys or on video game demo systems. Most of the rest of us have good and bad days and are often behind schedule and in a hurry to get through the transaction and leave the store. When you conduct business with the “general public” you are inviting in the human zoo.

Quote=”Target Customer”

“We all have to be accountable for human, common sense courtesy and know when to walk away from conversation undeserving comment.”

Agreed! However, if they were raised without any manners or respect for others there not much a TM can do while selling them a copy of “Call Of Duty – Modern War Fare 2” for their Xbox 360.

Quote=”Target Customer”

“Pen and paper is stronger than the sword.”

And some retail guests speak English as a second language (or not at all) or are illiterate. Rarely does a day go by without a guest asking me what something costs “with tax”,

At 9.25% sales tax it would be fairly easy to do mental arithmetic for a budget at, say, ten percent.

Quote=”Target Customer”

“Document your concerns and appropriately register them. Also, know the power of the Attorney General's Office.”

Or simply let the TM’s do their job, and quit complaining!

It isn't the consumers fault that you are not receiving the salary you feel you are worth.

You have to take responsiblity to know your job such as, product, cost, location and basic knowledge.

You are there to assist in the purchase and make it a smooth, reassuring and plansant transition.

Consumer you have a responsiblity to be in the correct store for purchase, and use pleasant social skills so you can be service without incident.

Pen and paper is stronger than the sword.

Document your concerns and appropriately register them.

Also, know the power of the Attorney General's Office.