3.5
Ease of Use

This is my current communication with Target. Haven't heard back from them yet....

This Target shipment was apparently poorly packaged and the original box was destroyed during shipping. The replacement box that arrived was not a Target box. It was a USPS priority mail box, hand addressed, with no return address. Half of the items were missing. There was a note attached to the replacement box saying that the original box was damaged, and items were lost in shipping. The shipper put the remaining items in a second box and addressed and shipped them to me

Here is part of the note attached to the remaining items.

"Dear Postal customer, We sincerely regret the damage to your mail that occured during handling in the postal service. ....... "

I have to say I am increasingly frustrated with Target packaging and shipping. This is at least the fourth shipment I have had to report with damage. Every time, heavy items are placed loose with lighter items and things get damaged, destoyed or lost. This time they shipped a delicate glass kettle with 4 heavy bags of epsom salts. You can only guess how that turned out.

Moving to college is hard enough without the additional stress of tracking down things that I didn't even know hard gone missing.

Please address your general packaging problems and let me know how you are going to address that in your system.

I would appreciate knowing that you received this, and how and when items are going to be replaced.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of shopping at target online.

I didn't like: Repeated problems with poor packaging and damagedlost items.

• Target Website
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 21.

Comments

I guess I wouldn't order a delicate glass item on the same order as heavy items. Order fragile items separately to avoid having them shipped with items that might damage them.

WeightyCanary

After submitting photos, Target promptly resent the complete order, and is shipping the fragile glass tea kettle separately from the 8 pounds of epsom salts!! Smart move. Thank you Target!

WeightyCanary

So far the update is that Target replied promptly on Twitter and has asked for photos of the damage. I sent a photo of the hand addressed USPS box and the note stuck to the box that said the box had been damaged in shipping. I don't have damaged items, I just have missing items...Waiting to hear about the next steps.