Update added by user Oct 08, 2012
The Serramonte, Daly City managers continue to lie and say that the return policy was on the outside of the box.I have a photo of the outside of the box, with no such policy on it.
Target Corp. customer service made one call to the manager, who lied, and they believed him...
so they won\'t help me at all.Still fighting because this is so wrong.
Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2012
On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with mold & unsafe for use. I took it back to Target for an exchange on 9/3/12, 11am. Please note this was less than 24 hours since I had purchased it! I asked for a replacement bed.The managers refused. I asked for a store credit or refund. The managers refused saying that on the INSIDE of box there's a statement saying to return directly to Aerobed. I pointed out that nowhere on the OUTSIDE of the box, or on the shelf, did it say the bed was not returnable or exchangeable so I had been mislead. I spoke with 2 store mgers: Melvin & Robert. Both managers were rude, refusing to give me their last names, or their employee id#s. They told me to call Target Corporate offices which I did, and of course Target Corporate was closed (it was Labor Day). At the suggestion of an off-duty police officer who overheard my situation, I called the Daly City police to assist me. The officer arrived and agreed that Target should clearly state their no return/exchange policy on the OUTSIDE of the box, but he wasn't able to convince Target to give me an exchange, credit or refund. The officer witnessed me leaving the bed at the Customer Service counter, since I have a bad back (the double height queen Aerobeds are heavy) & I refused to reintroduce anymore mold in my car! I have had headaches since opening that bed and hope I have not been contaminated with mold from a foreign country! I believe Target is not in compliance with California Civil Code Sec. 1723 and needs to rectify their mistakes immediately. Until then it's buyer beware!
BTW, while I was standing in line, I heard the customer service people refuse to exchange or give store credit on ANY cosmetic or personal product even those with receipts and in triple blister packages that clearly had never been opened. So exchanges are not that easy at Target anymore!
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I went to target today and bought two cases of Aquafina water (24 bottles each case).The Big sign above the water clearly read $3.99. I was sitting in my car reading..."
- "Target has asked for me to file a review to help other customers. I certainly hope my review does help other Target customers! I placed an order for a surprise 15th..."
- "was a target executive in new york for 8 years.2 words for target *** YOU.i went from being a superstar to a horses *** in months then back to a..."
- "There will be FOUR DOCUMENTS attached to this post. Please look at each of the documents. Where these people get this stuff is beyond me, it just keeps coming. I..."
- "I made a purchase of the Brandy Melville cardigan one day and when because the item was priced so high, I assumed that it would be a good product. Anyways,..."
- "If you are a small business owner and are in the process of finding a company that will help you obtain business licenses or permits be careful who you go..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."