Target sells moldy air mattress & refused to exchange it.
Update added by user Oct 08, 2012
The Serramonte, Daly City managers continue to lie and say that the return policy was on the outside of the box.I have a photo of the outside of the box, with no such policy on it.
Target Corp. customer service made one call to the manager, who lied, and they believed him...
so they won\'t help me at all.Still fighting because this is so wrong.
Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2012
On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with mold & unsafe for use. I took it back to Target for an exchange on 9/3/12, 11am. Please note this was less than 24 hours since I had purchased it! I asked for a replacement bed.The managers refused. I asked for a store credit or refund. The managers refused saying that on the INSIDE of box there's a statement saying to return directly to Aerobed. I pointed out that nowhere on the OUTSIDE of the box, or on the shelf, did it say the bed was not returnable or exchangeable so I had been mislead. I spoke with 2 store mgers: Melvin & Robert. Both managers were rude, refusing to give me their last names, or their employee id#s. They told me to call Target Corporate offices which I did, and of course Target Corporate was closed (it was Labor Day). At the suggestion of an off-duty police officer who overheard my situation, I called the Daly City police to assist me. The officer arrived and agreed that Target should clearly state their no return/exchange policy on the OUTSIDE of the box, but he wasn't able to convince Target to give me an exchange, credit or refund. The officer witnessed me leaving the bed at the Customer Service counter, since I have a bad back (the double height queen Aerobeds are heavy) & I refused to reintroduce anymore mold in my car! I have had headaches since opening that bed and hope I have not been contaminated with mold from a foreign country! I believe Target is not in compliance with California Civil Code Sec. 1723 and needs to rectify their mistakes immediately. Until then it's buyer beware!
BTW, while I was standing in line, I heard the customer service people refuse to exchange or give store credit on ANY cosmetic or personal product even those with receipts and in triple blister packages that clearly had never been opened. So exchanges are not that easy at Target anymore!
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am very disappointed and upset because last week I went to go purchased a pair of loafers (shoe department) for my sister. On the shoe tag and shoe box..."
- "I just received my order from Target Online and this is what I got (See picture...). Looks like the delivery guy played football with my package. Of course, inside it..."
- "Target will lure you in offering gift cards with the purchase of specific qualifying items. You buy those qualifying items thinking you will receive a gift card only to discover..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "I do RadiumOne Earned Gold free offers daily on Tagged.com Pets game. Really we need to blame Tagged for allowing RadiumOne to degrade the quality of customer experience on their..."
- "13867 sausalito rd in san leandro, ca is a rental house. when the rain started house smelled like litter box. Owner Maria Leal refues to clean up house. Her daughter..."
- "Hello Everyone. I am an ACN Rep also. Personally I like all the products and services and think they're just great! But I just wanted to say that..."