My friend and I brought a DVD which has been recommended by the target's salesperson.We brought it home and tried to play it on my friend's DVD player.

IT was very pixelated and didnt work. We returned it and took home another copy. This time it didnt work AT ALL!!! We took it back and asked for another exchange but the manager refused and said it was our fault that we scratched it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He was being very unreasonable and rude.

WE tried to negotiate politely but the manager's face screams "punch me! punch me!". IT was not our fault! It was faulty and im not speaking of one DVD, im speaking of TWO consecutive one!

If we had to return it, got another one and it still didnt work that prove taht target's products are substandard and Target is ripping its customers off. Like hello??? WE didnt even get to watch the movie and its only been 2 days. What could we possible do to make it scratched?

Play discuit with it?

The way target treated its customers is disgusting.I strongly agree Target is the worst store I've ever beeen to!!!!

Review about: Target Manager.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

TEST

Quote=”think about it”

“(Y)ou so realize that this is a MOVIE and not something that is TARGET brand... this is a manufacturer issue... not a target issue...”

Correct. However, Target ‘represents’ the manufacturer in front of Target guests. Guests with an issue regarding a product bought at Target should reasonably expect service.

Quote=”think about it”

“it *** that the employees working at your target were so rude about returning the second copy...”

We still don’t know the truth. The OP certainly has an attitude that would rub many people the wrong way. Reread it! TMs are the lightning conductor for all sorts of Guest issues, and some are better than others at dealing with difficult guests.

Quote=”think about it”

“(B)ut it's not Target's fault that a MOVIE... being sold was faulty...”

Again, you are correct. It is Target’s ‘responsibility’ even if it not Target’s ‘fault’

Quote=”think about it”

“it's very possible that a batch of them was screwed up... it wouldn't be the first time... maybe a few days after that happened to you they had to pull a certain release date off the floor or something.”

Again, we don’t know. It would have been prudent for Target TMs to swap the defective item until the guest was satisfied. We still don’t know form the OP if there was any rational testing done by the OP or by Target TM’s to confirm that...

you so realize that this is a MOVIE and not something that is TARGET brand...this is a manufacturer issue...

not a target issue... it sucks that the employees working at your target were so rude about returning the second copy... but it's not Target's fault that a MOVIE... being sold was faulty...

it's very possible that a batch of them was screwed up...

it wouldn't be the first time...maybe a few days after that happened to you they had to pull a certain release date off the floor or something.

Quote=”Thank you for taking your time”

“first the DVD player was not defective since we tried to play other dvd and they worked.”

So, did you try to play the suspect disks in a second player (thus eliminating the first player as the problem)?

Quote=”Thank you for taking your time”

“Plus we also played the other DVDs that we bought from targett that day and they all worked except for that particular one.”

Quote=”Thank you for taking your time”

“Secondly the girl at the reception called him the manager.”

How is this relevant to your story?

Quote=”Thank you for taking your time”

“Thirdly i dont live in the US so i dont call it frisbee. And no we dint play with the discs.”

Then why bring it up in your OP?

There is nothing in your response to my earlier post that suggests we are moving closer to any understanding on your part. You should take your own advice and stop going into Target, and certainly stop shopping there. You will not be missed at all!

but no we didnt punch the manager :grin

first the DVD player was not defective since wetried to play other dvd and they worked.Plus we also played the other DVDs that we bought from targett that day and they all worked except for that particular one.Secondly the girl at the reception called him the manager.

Thirdly i dont live in the US so i dont call it frisbee.And no we dint play with the discs.

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“My friend and I brought a DVD which has been recommended by the target's salesperson. We brought it home and tried to play it on my friend's DVD player. IT was very pixelated and didnt (sic) work.”

Did you try this disk in a different DVD player?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“We returned it and took home another copy. This time it didnt (sic) work AT ALL!!!”

Did you try the replacement disk in a different DVD player?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“We took it back and asked for another exchange but the manager refused and said it was our fault that we scratched it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” (sic)

Target stores do not have ‘Managers’. Who did you speak to? Did you ask to speak to the LOD (Leader On Duty) who oversees the entire store?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“He was being very unreasonable and rude.”

How so?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“WE tried to negotiate politely but the manager's face screams "punch me! punch me!".

Really!?! So…. Did you punch him?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“IT was not our fault! It was faulty and im (sic) not speaking of one DVD, im (sic) speaking of TWO consecutive one!”

Or you have a defective DVD player. Trying both disks in another player would eliminate this possibility (and build your case to Target for an exchanged...

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“If we had to return it, got another one and it still didnt (sic) work that prove taht (sic) target's (sic) products are substandard”

Or that your DVD player didn’t work.

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“Target is ripping its customers off. Like hello???”

Really!?! What did you play for the disk? What do you think is a daily sales dollar amount for a typical Target store? How many of these “defective disks” do you think Target sells in one day at each of 1700 stores across the USA? Do you have any reasoning skills at all?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“WE didnt even get to watch the movie and its only been 2 days. What could we possible do to make it scratched?”

Disks are easily scratched by careless handling, but more so by defective DVD players.

“Play discuit with it?”

Really!?! Did you mean Frisbee? Well, did you play with the disk?

Quote=”Mizcomplaint“

“The way target treated its customers is disgusting. I strongly agree Target is the worst store I've ever beeen (sic) to!!!!”

Then shop somewhere else! How many stores have you been to? If any are better than Target you have answered your own question. You won’t be missed at Target.