I recently purchased 2 products from Target at North Brunswick, NJ. One of them was ARTICHOKE JALAPENO DIP from Good Foods and the other SPICY PICO DE GALLO & GUACAMOLE VEGGIE from Archer Farms..

I looked at the expiry date back home and realized they were selling me the 1st product that had an expiry date that was one day after the date of purchase and the second product had expired nearly a month back.

I went to the store and the person at the counter was very casual, no apologies, didn't care about the issue at hand and simply refunded the money.

When I pressed them about the issue they had no comments to offer. I then decided to call Target corporate office and report this incident and they too were casual about this issue and said the store has a right to decide what product to keep on the shelf and when to pull it off.

The bottom line is Target does not have a consistent policy of when perishable products should be pulled off from the shelf and this is a serious health concern for the general public who may not be aware of the same.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of good foods group artichoke jalapeno dip artichokes from Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Target to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Comments

NowTellTheTruth
Houston, Texas, United States #1233715

They apologized what more do you want them to do, hug you and wipe away your tears. As for them selling the item a day before the expiry date they are allowed to do that.

Odessa, Texas, United States #1233446

I shop at the target in OdessaTX. I overheard the store manager tell an employee to donate all the out of dates { expired }. Isn't that great

Not_the_0P
Benicia, California, United States #1194784

Target is removing my comments, but when I worked at Target we were told to change the date on the products, we were also told to repackaged returned underwear by our manager Aisha.

to Not_the_0P #1195698

Grow up.

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Benicia, California, United States #1195730

I am just stating what I was told to do when I worked at Target. People have every right to know.

How is this acting immature.

What if you were the one that was sold expired food, or used underwear, you would be singing a different tune then. Aisha asked us to do a lot of unethical and illegal things and needs to be fired.

NowTellTheTruth
to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1233716

I agree that user needs to grow up, they were obviously fired from Target(as well as another anonymous poster)and are making up lies.

#1191338

Meh, it happens at Target. It happens at any other store.

This is just how life is. Some things are missed, some things are forgotten. Basic human error as we are all human.

Sure, it sucks that it happened, but it's never going to change wherever you go. That's life.

Saratoga, California, United States #1191187

In the cases you mention it is a "best by" date, not an expiration date. There is no health concern at all.

Google expiration and sell by dates.

It's a wasteful bunch of bs that causes insane amounts of food to be wasted.

They gave you a refund, that is right. Beyond that, you presume way way way way way way way way too much.

to Anonymous Surrey, England, United Kingdom #1193070

I agree completely. Many people mistake a best by date as being a "date of doom", i.e.

OMG! I can't eat this because it is 86 minutes past that date!