I purchased baby announcements from Target.com to use as Baby shower invitations for an upcoming shower. I ordered the announcements on March 5th and read the delivery time of 3-5 business days.

When the announcements finally showed up on March 15th I immediately opened the box to find that everything was included except the ribbon that was supposed to be included. I called Target.com's phone number and explained that not only did the package show up 10 days after I ordered it but that it was missing the ribbon to tie it all together. The box clearly states what came included. The nice woman on the line explained that under the shipping estimate is text in small print about taking 2 days extra to get the order to the shipper and that they could refund me a percentage of the cost of bows that now I will have to purchase.

If your going to take two additional days to ship, just tell the consumer that its going to be 5-7 business days.

Making them have to click a link or go into Help to find your true shipping time is not a good business practice. Not only is my time worth more than the $4 they were willing to refund me for the ribbon blunder but the fact that their shipping time is not really true shipping time makes we want to never return to my favorite store out of sheer principle.

Comments

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #131236

I hope you are more patient and understandig with your baby than you are with this mistake. Your child is going to make mistakes, and how are you going to react. Grow up.

:cry.... if it were that important to be there in a short time you should've double checked. They refunded their part of the mistake with the ribbon.