I received a gift card as a gift, mind you I don't normally shop at Target because I have had problems with their customer service desk before. Anyway, I purchased a phone on the gift card and found out I didn't need it.

When I returned it and wanted cash they refused me, said there was no way around it. Me having 22 years experience in mangament and administration for a major retailer knew that just wasn't true. I asked for a manger, a woman named Cheryl approached me dressed the same as the service desk clerk. I asked Cheryl if she was manager, she said she was, ( dressed the same as others?, was she lying to me)?

She also denied me my 16.95 in cash back stated I HAD to have a gift card. Well, guess what I thought Target was supposed to make customers happy. What was the orginal gift card purchased for me with another gift card? I don't think so...

it was purchased with CASH and I was asking for the CASH back and was denied and told by so called management ( dressed like all the other store clerks), there was nothing they could to. This is why I was never a customer there, your store policies stink and are made to make the retailer happy, no the consumer.

Comments

Target would rather you be pissed off than them be pissed on.

Actually its very common for management to dress the same as employees. Typically, the store mangers are not in as well because they have rotating schedules. The dress code for all target employees is red shirt, kahki pants, nothing special for managers.

Previously NARC YOU OUT - Apparently, some nameless, unidentified, cowardly thief and liar has commandeered by screen name, Narc you out, and is posting lies disguising themselves as me. I will no longer use the screen name, Narc you out as of 9/2/11 and any posting hereafter is not by me.

I shall only identify myself as Anonymous since those of us with courage enough to identify ourselves with screen names are ridiculed, lied about and misrepresented by those who represent Target. It only proves in my mind that Target will stop at no bounds to get your money and discredit you if you have a problem when they do. Target needs to be brought to task for their deceptive and criminal practices. I shall not stop posting truths about Target's terrible customer servive and their lack of concern for consumers.

This theft only steels my determination to get the word out faster and through more sites and to more people. Be warned.

Target does not deal above board with their customers. Don't shop there.

Target does not deal above board with their customers. Don't shop there.

How do you know it was purchased with cash? Do you have a receipt showing that? It could of been bought with another gift card or even a credit card.

Target is a business. Do you have any idea how many people try to scam businesses every day?

A gift card in any business in the united states is not redeemable for cash. Before you whine, get educated.

If your 17 you cannot have 22 years of retail experience you go take your lying butt out of here like to see you lie to another person your liable to get your butt kicked! Just grow up and stay your butt in school! I work for Wal~Mart and if your tried that there they would have done the same thing Target is not Burger King you can't have it your Way!

The funny thing is that this would have happened at any store. Wal-Mart, Sears, Best Buy, etc.

So, lets not single any store out. You and narc can just give up shopping altogether or until you find an adult to go with you to explain these complicated policies.

Thank you for your posting. After enough of us are warned, we will all stay away from the Target stores in droves and then they might understand the definition of customer service.

Spread the word to as many people as possible.

Why would good consumers waste money in a store with the very real possibility of getting ripped off when we can spend our money elsewhere? Please warn everyone you can to stay from this unreputable retailer!

Thank you for your posting letting people know about your experience at Target. I have never spoken with anyone that hasn't had a bad experience with customer service.

It is crystal clear why Wal-Mart is the largest employer in the world. They have a customer service department that will try and work with you. While I understand that not everyone can be satisified 100% of the time, they deal respectfully and thoroughly with each customer and their complaint. We certainly realize that there will be times when we are unhappy with a decision that is made, but Target makes you leave their store humiliated, dissatifified and embarrased by the treatment they administer.

I believe that once Target realizes that many other stores would love to accommodate customers with our disposable income with cheerfullness and concern, perhaps then they will realize that there is a growing tide of resentment against their store and will start learning the definition of customer service. Again, thanks for the posting.

Please tell every friend, family member and acquaintance you can about your experiences. Soon, they will get the message.

You are really dense. I will dumb it down for you: GIFT CARDS AND ITEMS PURCHASED WITH GIFT CARDS ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH! NEVER HAVE BEEN, NEVER WILL BE. IF THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT YOU THE GIFT CARD WANTED YOU TO HAVE CASH, THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU CASH. I refuse to believe you have 22 years experience in retail and aren't fully aware of this.

"Well, guess what I thought Target was supposed to make customers happy"

Yeah, but you're not a Target customer, otherwise you would just spend it and shut up. You're someone who is clearly trying to play the system and use someone's gift to you to get cash. Nice try, but no cigar.