Target Return Policy Sucks.

1682 of 1891 Target reviews

We bought a $70 stoller from the website.We never used it and decided to return it to the store.

They wouldn't let us return the brand new stroller on the box because the return policy cuts off returns right at $70. So we got stuck with selling the stroller ourselves (for less of course), and after I wrote a colorful email to customer service, they thanked me for my input and brushed it off. I wrote another one, hoping to get more than the trained, automated response. No go.

My advice?Don't buy anything from Target over $70 unless you KNOW you want to keep it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
1682 of 1891 Target reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
MattGSA

Apr 07, 2011 #270815

You most likely paid by credit card, therefore you can return it by looking it up through your credit card, or you can log onto your online account and print out a receipt. I dont know why this option wasn't offered to you.

And even if these options aren't available to you, you are allowed to do an exchange on your license since the limit for a gift card is 70. Above 70 you are able to exchange for like items. so if you wanted to you could exchange it for other items that you most likely would have bought that day.

So, were these options given to you?

2 1 Reply

Jul 21, 2010 #166738

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“Trevor stood up for you when everyone was attacking you and accusing you of being the one impersonating other people, and you accuse him of impersonating being MIHYFS(when you admited you created that name yourself).”
Who is “Trevor”? Could be you, me, or anyone, right?
BTW, please read your posts before sending them. I did NOT accuse poster Trevor of anything, I just pointed out that she (or he) could be a fake, just as you or I could be a fake. MIHYFS is my user account, it is not the same as my user name as a poster. Don’t believe me? Try posting your words under my user account…

Jul 21, 2010 #166736

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“You claim that you posted the information from your driver's license how do we know that that information is not false.”
You don’t! There is nothing I can do, say, or any action I can take, that will change your mind either way, so let’s move forward.

Krisstarcevich

Jul 21, 2010 #166707 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

You claim that you posted the information from your driver's license how do we know that that information is not false. How do we know that you did not make up that information.

Trevor stood up for you when everyone was attacking you and accusing you of being the one impersonating other people, and you accuse him of impersonating being MIHYFS(when you admited you created that name yourself). This proves you are just posting to get a reaction to people and instead of stooping to your childish level and attacking you Trevor gave a mature response which you have yet to do. I guess it comes from your parents using the internet as a babysitter. You don't get attention at home so you try to get attention here.

Trevor

Jul 21, 2010 #166700 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

"How do we know that you’re not MIHYFS or one of his other personalities?"

You have a point, however I could be asking you the same thing. There is no way to know for sure if it is you making posts under all those other personalities, or if it was me or someone else. It could be me, it could be you it could be anyone. However I have noticed this going on for a while. You are not the only victim of people posting under your username. They had the same problem for complaintsboard.com. They still have the same problem for planetfeedback. The only site where you cannot post as another username is my3cents.com.

Jul 19, 2010 #166235

Quote=”Trevor”
“I have been on this site for three years or so and believe me this using someone's identity has been going on for a while now. I don't know why "May I help You Find Something" is the newest victim.”
How do we know that you’re not MIHYFS or one of his other personalities?

Trevor

Jul 19, 2010 #166221 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

I have been on this site for three years or so and believe me this using someone's identity has been going on for a while now. I don't know why "May I help You Find Something" is the newest victim. He could have said something to annoy someone as he stated, or they could be doing it for fun to get a reaction out of May I Help You Find something. However it is very easy to pretend use any name that you feel like on here.

0 0 Reply
May I Help You FInd Something?

Jul 19, 2010 #165888

Quote=”Frank”
“Don't you just like how May I help You Find somethings (sic) thinks only his or her opinions are important and everyone elses (sic) is inflammatory and irrelevant to the discussion.”
That is simply not true. I have repeatedly asked the OP to return to this threads topic.
What is also true is that I’ve supplied alternatives to the prevailing fashion of bashing the TMs and Target Corporation for minor mistakes made by careless guests in the store or using the on-line service. Unfortunately, these are likely lost in the noise as the majority of posts (including yours) focus on bashing the messenger!
Quote=”Frank”
“Seriously everyone's opinion is just as important as yours.”
No one said otherwise. You jump to a conclusion instead of posting a rebuttal. So, go back to the first instance that you feel your opinion or that of another poster was unfairly discussed, and post your counter point or ask questions for clarification. How simple can we make?
“Grow up.”
Specific examples of behavior you think inappropriate, please.
Quote=”Frank”
“just because you disagree with them does not mean that their feedback is inflammatory and irrelevant.”
We agree, ah, bliss!

0 0 Reply
May I Help you FInd Something?

Jul 19, 2010 #165886

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“I see, I just love how he denies everything.”
Excuse me, but if you’re talking about the real ‘May I Help You Find Something’ you have your facts wrong. I have admitted to what I did do, I have denied what I did NOT do but was accused of doing, and I have truthfully answered your (and other posters) questions.

Clearly, we so far off the OP that started this thread one must assume you’re only here to beat me up for taking an opposing view of your situation.
Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“He even admits to posting under other people's names.”
Yes, not an issue. Clearly I’m not the only one that has or will post under another user’s name.
Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“You know what obviously he does want attetion.(Sic)”
That is something we all have in common with you. Did you forget that you’ve already announced that you’ll go to another venue and abandon this one?
Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“Don't even post anymore on this site, because all he wants is attention.”
Nice try! We are all in the same boat. Nothing you do, say, or threaten, can change it.

Frank

Jul 19, 2010 #165876 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

Don't you just like how May I help You Find somethings thinks only his or her opinions are important and everyone elses is inflammatory and irrelevant to the discussion. Seriously everyone's opinion is just as important as yours. Grow up. just because you disagree with them does not mean that their feedback is inflammatory and irrelevant.

Krisstarcevich

Jul 18, 2010 #165737 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

I see, I just love how he denies everything. He even admits to posting under other people's names. You know what obviously he does want attetion. Don't even post anymore on this site, because all he wants is attention.

Chad

Jul 18, 2010 #165662

Quote=”Chad”
“See, now that we are not addressing "May I Help You Find Something, he has no other option but to quote himself.”
That would be true if I was the author of both messages. I’m not. In fact I responded to yet another forgery that used a very similar user name to mine.
Quote=”Chad”
“Soon he will get tired of his game.”
We’ll see…
BTW, I’m posting this under your user name, to make a point!

Chad

Jul 18, 2010 #165655 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

See, now that we are not addressing "May I Help You Find Something, he has no other option but to quote himself. Soon he will get tired of his game.

Jul 16, 2010 #164967

Quote=”May I help You Find Something”
“I am allowed to create other usernames because I work at Target so rightfully I own the rights to this part of the site.”
Quote=”May I help You Find Something”
“I am allowed to make false accusations because I work at Target if you don't like it leave the Target part of the website.”
Quote=”May I help You Find Something”
“I will not have you making Target look bad.”
Quote=”May I help You Find Something”
“I can create as many identities as I want.”
Yes, you are indeed!
“I don't have to use my real name because I work at Target.”
Quote=”May I help You Find Something”
“You can't do the same because you do not work at Target.”
Really!?!
Did you have a point to make here?

0 0 Reply
May I help You Find Something.

Jul 16, 2010 #164940 Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway

quote krisstarcevich

"“Funny how he is attacking other members for not using their real names, and claiming they use multipal (sic) usernames when he is doing the same.”

I am allowed to create other usernames because I work at Target so rightfully I own the rights to this part of the site. I am allowed to make false accusations because I work at Target if you don't like it leave the Target part of the website. I will not have you making Target look bad. I can create as many identities as I want. I don't have to use my real name because I work at Target. You can't do the same because you do not work at Target.

Jul 15, 2010 #164763

Quote=”Debbie”
“When I am returning something Target house brand, clearly brand new, available on the floor, that was a gift that fell apart at first use, and told that it cannot be returned without a receipt, that is horrible customer service.”
Okay, so what exactly do you want Target to do to make you happy (and return to shop)?

Debbie

Jul 15, 2010 #164759

I don't shop at Target because I don't like their return policy at all. When I am returning something Target house brand, clearly brand new, available on the floor, that was a gift that fell apart at first use, and told that it cannot be returned without a receipt, that is horrible customer service.

0 0 Reply
May I help you Find Something?

Jul 15, 2010 #164757

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“Since his attitude makes me want to shop elsewhere. At first I thought he was a child. Howevver (sic) he is clearly an adult which makes his behavior worse.”
You may shop where ever you like to shop. If you ban yourself from Target you will not be missed! If you can’t understand why that is true I can try to explain it to you.
Yes, I’m an adult. I’m probably old enough to be your parent. That does not change any of the facts in your OP and the follow up discussion, does it? If you think my behavior is ‘worse’ than that of a child, then you and I are probably not going to get along on most topics. I would point out that if you live your life judging others as you have demonstrated in your OP and follow up posts, you will certainly find faults and create issues for yourself. I have judged you, I believe fairly, and we are now wasting each other’s time on posting about names, child-like behavior, and your shopping desires. Please reread your own words in the OP, and indicate if you’d like to return to the topic you brought to the table.

Jul 15, 2010 #164754

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“I was very angry when I read this. I am not putting all Target Employees in the same boat, but if he wants to help the company he must stop acting the way he is acting, because frankly it is hurting the company more than helping.”
I understand you are angry, as indeed I would be. However, you exposed yourself to this response by posting on an unregulated forum. Get over it!

BTW, I post here as a member of the general public, not as a spokesperson for my employer. I also bring specific detailed knowledge of Target store operations and I hold opinions on the behavior of both guests in the store and the TMs. You may find my views unacceptable, and you are free to ignore them, but they are mine and they are based in fact.

0 0 Reply
May I Help you Find Something?

Jul 15, 2010 #164751

Quote=”Krisstarcevich”
“It is one thing, and good business practice to defend the place you work for, but it is another to create multipal (sic) accountsto (sic0 insult and imposter others(by making posts posts under their names where they shook their baby to death).”
You do not know that I posted that remark. You will not accept my word that I did not post that remark. Your position is understandable. I can’t help you further.
Please see past you emotional reaction and review the known facts. I have stated that I have one account here, and that I typically use only one screen name. I can defend that fact in a court of law if required. Posting irresponsibly on a public forum (such as this) exposes the poster to risk of libel, and potential damages awarded to the plaintive for emotional harm. I’ve not done anything that exposes me to that risk, and if the operator of this site was subpoenaed to reveal the actual poster of the offending remarks my name would be cleared. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does, I’m ready.

1-20 of 53 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.