We purchased a electronic game for our Grandson for Christmas at Target. Our Grandson already had the one we purchased.He and his mother went to exchange it for a different one. The Target Store manager said no. Why not,it is still wrapped and sealed in the original package and it even scans the bar codes from Target. The Target Manager, still said no.

The Target Manager told my Grandson that he would have to give it to his Grandmother to take back,with her credit card. Well that seems simple enough, Not! We now have to box it up, ship it across the united states so that my Grandsons Grandmother can go back to the Target Store and get the right game and then ship it all the way back to my Grandson. My Grandson sent me a note. It simply said, "Grandma please do not buy me any more gifts from Target"

I used to shop at Target a lot,

Grandma

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

I admit that I did steel the game and was trying to purchase sum cough medesin so that I can make meth.In fact I do this all the time at Meijers, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.

I did personelly insult the customer service desk persun by calling her muther a *** and her daughter a s1ut.

I wusn't going to post the complaint until the store manager told me to leave and never come back.

I only used my grandson so that they would believe my story.I am so mad at Target because they called me an awful grandmother.

IT seems like Mamazane and the OP does not have the common sense that even four to six year old's have.No receipt equals no return.

What proof is there that the grandson did not steal the game?

Aeri.

they exchange it for the exact same product.The grandmother should have asked the parents what games her son had.

What proof is there that the grandson did not steal the game?

Aeri.

That's BS, every other store accepts returns if it's sealed merchandise that they sell.They won't refund cash without the receipt, but they will exchange the item.

If they sell the item, they can shelve it! I had a dress that didn't fit, when I went to return it WITH the gift receipt AND the regular receipt they refused.

Too much time had passed (2 months) not one other store has this extreme policy, they all would offer exchanges.Do not buy gifts at Target!

Beg to differ on the whole gift receipt, etc---other, competing merchants will accept exchanges, this is a VERY customer unfriendly policy. Not to mention, even if you DO have a gift receipt, Target will still only give you credit for the current selling price---any other merchant will give you credit for what was paid.

Personally, I don't even know WHY anyone shops at Target--their merchandise is cheap ***, their customer service is pathetic and their awful return policy seals the deal for me!

For those of you ready to insist how awesome they are: clothes are frequently cheaper, always better quality, in a more enoyable shopping environment and an awesome return policy at Kohl's. Walmart might be less enjoyable to shop in, but they have a more extensive selection for less, nicer cashiers and again, a great return policy---because they VALUE your business.

Lastly, if you live in the Pacific NW, you should shop at Fred Meyer over Target: better quality products, a vastly superior selection, great sales, amazing customer service, amazing rewards perks and, again, a customer friendly return policy.

Thanks so much for relating your bad experience at Target.They treated me like some kind of criminal when I tried to correct a bait and switch they perpetrated against me.

Please take your grandson's advise, please don't send anything from Target to him or anyone else. They are notorious for bad customer service.

Again, thanks for the warning.Many people will benefit from your experience.

Really? This is common sense dude. Gift Receipt.

Sorrry I agree with Grandma -- Target should have exchanged it.

If you had had the target receipt or gift receipt, you probably would have been just fine. Stores have to deal with people trying to return an item without a receipt that people may have bought from a different store or even stole!

Next time, ask Grandma to include a gift receipt in the package, "just in case!"