I wanted to exchange one curtain rod that was to large for a smaller size.It didn't matter that I would have taken the smaller size which was less money than the one I wanted to return.

I did not have a receipt and when located on the computer I was 8 days passed the 90 day return policy.Come on now 8 days for a simple exchange.....How much would it have cost the company, they would have made money since I would have over looked the difference to get the exchange.

I will not only close my Target account, but will no longer be a Target Customer.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Simon

Do you appear on every site in defense of Target's practices?

Since I'm going there - What a wonderful spokesman you are for the company.

If you don't work there or own stock there, you should contact them and let them know how much work you put in on their behalf behind the scenes. I'm sure you alone are the best voice they have ever encountered!!

Simon

Do you appear on every site in defense of Target's practices?

Since I'm going there - What a wonderful spokesman you are for the company.

I think Target is very lenient with their return policy. 90 days = 3 months = a whole SEASON, to make up your mind to decide if you want something or not.

Simon, I think I love you :zzz .

90 days is plenty of time to return or exchange something.If it's important enough for you to post your complaint, maybe you should of made it a proirity.

What do you expect?

A year or two of return time?Lol

Pissed Target Cashier

What part of the 90-day return policy do you whiners not understand?It is not 98 days, 183 days, or even 365 days.

It is NINETY DAYS. 3 months to return an item is very generous. Accept responsibility for your failure to comply with the rules.

And to all those complainers who say "I will no longer be a Target customer", yeah, right. Most people who say that end up coming back anyway.

You'll be back sooner or later. But in the meantime,I say GOOD RIDDANCE. Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.

You won't be missed.Target has plenty of good customers who understand the way things work in life.

Jimbaux

Obviously Target isn't interested in your business - oblige them and don't give them anymore of it. It is too bad they didn't work with you and thanks for taking time to share this with us.

Trained for customer service? How long do you think you should be allowed to return an item? Would 10 years be long enough for you? There HAS to be a cut-off point and 3 months is plenty of time.

Maybe you should train yourself on being a better consumer. If you can't return an item in 90 days that is YOUR BAD, not the store's.

Go in to ANY big retail store and ask them if they would allow a return or exchange on items that are 3 months old with no receipt. When they say "no" don't forget to boycott them too. Tell them you will not be shopping there until they change their return policy to 20 years with no receipt.

Before you even go there, I know...I must work at Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and every other store that has common sense policies.

If it was in the original container and was not damaged the store should have been trained for customer service and customer appreciation.To me they are the worst in these deptments no matter what "simon target" says.

I visited one of the stores to exchange a babby swing that we recieaved at a babby shower and it was broken.

yes it was beyond there escape hole of 90 days they were rude and no customer service. The babby hasnt even been delivered yet.

All we wanted to do was exchange it.There are stores that will work with you.

8 days past the 90 day return policy and no receipt? You have no one to blame but yourself. You honestly expected them to return an item almost 3 and 1/2 months after purchase without a receipt? I would say you had unreasonable expectations.

How much would it have cost the company? Well, how hard would it have been for you to return the item in a more timely fashion? I, for one, do not want to pay full retail price for ANY item that has been in someone's house for 3 months.

You will no longer be a Target customer? Well, don't shop anywhere then. Target's return policy of 90 days is 3 times longer than all the other big retail chains. So, I hope you can make your own clothes and grow your own food. Or you could just be a grown up, admit this is 100% YOUR fault and stop blaming Target for your mistakes. Although, I don't see that happening.