I purchased a item on sale, returned a week later, wrong size.My credit card was credited for the sale amount, did not have time to do anything but go to the return desk.

The next day I returned to get the exchange, the item was no longer on sale. I had the original receipt + the return receipt and thought there should be no problem in repurchasing the item for the sale price. The store said I should have asked for some kind of paper to repurchase a sale item at the sale price.They refused to let me even though I had all of the original receipts.I am not in retail so I had no idea.I called customer service, they also refused as did the supervisor of the dept. I spend a lot of money each year at Target.

The item was shorts for my 6yr old grandson that I needed to get one size larger.This is NOT customer service.The idea that the consumer should know what to ask for at the time of return is outrageous to me.Target is OFF my shopping list

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

My daughter bought me a pair of slippers for Christmas in size 8 for $11.99.Today I took the slippers to Target with the original receipt for an even exchange for same slipper in size 9.

Todays price was $19.99. I was told I would have to pay the difference because they were no longer on sale. I told the salesclerk that is just wrong because I had the receipt and it was just an even exchange. She then figured a way to return the slippers on receipt and made a new receipt with sale price.

Go figure.I am not going to say I am never going to Target again, but Wal Mart is definitely now my first choice.

Quote=”JustMe”

“Saying a single consumer will not be missed from Target is like saying a single voter will not be missed by a politician. True, but if enough consumers/voters are turned off then ...”

Correct! The point is that any single guest in a retail store does not have the privilege of influencing the store’s owners or managers by themselves. If the collective shopping public demonstrates a shift in buying habits the store will either accommodate them or loose business.

Individuals that stamp their feet or expect personal service (that is available in other venues such as Nordstrom’s stores) will gain nothing but frustration in a main street retailer (such as Target) or on an unregulated forum such as this one.

Next time leave the receipt at home and ask for an even exchange for a different size of the same item. Changing sale prices to regular prices and back again throws up too many red flags in a corporate system, but even exchanges provide for little paperwork.

Quote=”Anonymous”

“The next day I returned to get the exchange, the item was no longer on sale. I had the original receipt + the return receipt and thought there should be no problem in repurchasing the item for the sale price.”

Unfortunately the rules don’t allow the sale price to continue after the sale is over. The TM (Team Member) that helped you with the original return (while on sale) could have issued a Rain Check coupon to hold that price for ninety days – If you had asked!

Quote=”Anonymous”

“They refused to let me even though I had all of the original receipts. I am not in retail so I had no idea.”

You returned the first time, received a refund, and so the transaction is now null and void.

Quote=”Anonymous”

“I called customer service, they also refused as did the supervisor of the dept.”

The sales management tools in the stores are deliberately designed to prevent abuse of the system, which costs the company a significant loss, and also counts directly against the store and its ETLs (Executive Team Leaders) performance. This is another example of a few greedy people cheating the store and spoiling it for everyone else, including you.

Quote=”Anonymous”

“I spend a lot of money each year at Target.”

Do you spend in the region of about eighty thousand dollars per day in Target? This is the typical take for each store, even a small one. The...

Quote=”Anonymous”

“This is NOT customer service. The idea that the consumer should know what to ask for at the time of return is outrageous to me. Target is OFF my shopping list”

While it may offend your sensibilities what you have witnessed is retail reality in 2010. If you’d feel better at another store chain that’s your call. If you ban yourself from Target, you will not be missed!