3.5
Layout of Store

I had a flat tire a couple of blocks from Chicago West Loop Target store so I went to Target to buy a tire pump. I parked in the Target garage and after buying the pump I realized that there was something wrong with the pump. Somebody had returned a broken pump and Target had put it back on the shelf. I walked back into Target to exchange the broken pump for a new pump. The return service assistant at Target looked at the pump and realized that the pump was not the same as the picture on the box. So, not only had someone returned a broken air pump but also flipped the pump to another broken air pump. I told the Target assistant that they should check all returns more carefully and make sure that the right product end up in the right package before putting it up on the shelf. She told me that they do, insinuating that I brought back a faulty product trying to scam Target.

At this point I got irritated and told her to exchange the product so that I could get out of there. She called her manager and then a second manager whom I had to argue with. They were all very rude. I came there to fill an empty tire so that I could get to a tire store and I was accused of trying to scam Target by three Target assistants.

There is something really wrong with the Chicago West Loop Target store. I got involved with 5 empoyers who should not have a job in the service sector: the person who accepted a faulty product, the person who shelved this faulty product, the return assisitant who insinuated I tried to scam Target and the two manager/security guards who tried to intimidate me. Chicago West Loop Target needs to update their hiring procedures and make sure that people who does not fit in service jobs are kept out. I will never go back to the Chicago West Loop Target store and I will avoid target anywhere as much as I can. I will go out of my way to make sure Target will not get my money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Treated me terribly.

I didn't like: Lack of respect, Customer service, Exchange options, Disrespecting customers, 3 people i had to talk to.

Comments

Instead of making up a BS story why not tell the truth, that you are the one trying to return the faulty product. The fact they checked shows that they are doing their job.