2.8

Just had the most stressful registry experience ever 1 week before the wedding. It all started when we realized a couple of our gifts purchased by my grandparents never arrived. After using the tracking information, we discovered it was sent to our old address. I changed both of our registry shipping info after moving and we received one gift from Target at our new address, therefore it was working for awhile. After spending 2.5 hours on the phone, being transferred 6 times, we discovered 4 of our gifts were shipped to the old address yet their system is not capable of showing who purchased the gift or when it was delivered. Turns out, Target recently updated their system and the manager said it was just a glitch. The representative suggested we just ask each guest if they sent us any of those 4 items to determine who to thank. After expressing our extreme displeasure with their customer service, they reimbursed for the items my grandmother purchased, but wouldn't for the others because we had no tracking info and the gifts were technically stolen, which means they are not responsible.

The next day my fiance and his friends decided to stop by our old apartment to ask the new tenant if she had the packages. She indeed had the packages and had been using the gifts BECAUSE TARGET TOLD HER TO JUST KEEP THEM WHEN SHE CALLED TO REPORT THE MISTAKE! The Target representative told the woman that it would cost the company too much money to ship the packages back and then reship it to us. She was assured the purchaser would be contacted and credited. She thankfully remembered who the package was from and after contacting him, he received no contact from Target at all and had assumed we received the gifts.

My fiance called Target and after another 2 hours on the phone, was reimbursed for all the missing gifts. I was not concerned about getting the gifts, I felt like a complete *** for not being able to give the appropriate thanks to those who decided to purchase us one.

Review about: Target Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Improve your registry system. .

Comments