Target refused to sell a display item

10 of 1950 Target reviews

I went to Target this morning to buy a wall mount for a flat screen tv and decided to look down the clearance aisle.I found a cute little throw I wanted but it was the only one there.

I pulled it down and took it to the price checker and it showed a price of $0.01. I knew that was wrong so I took it to the checkout and rang up there at $0.01 also. But it called for customer service. A manager came up and said that I couldn't buy it because it was a display and would be thrown away.

Now tell me...does that make sense? I'm willing to buy it, but they would rather throw it away.

I don't believe that they were going to throw it away at all.Sure did tarnish my opinion of Target.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Manager

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Target Refused To Sell A Display Item
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #1003086

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
10 of 1950 Target reviews

Feb 08 #1283482

Also keep in mind that it was not I that wanted the throw pillow, it was my son. He started crying when they refused to sell it to us. I don't need it anymore anymore since my son no longer lives with me. I got so angry at him for making a fuss over the pillow that I slapped him across the face and told him he had to walk home. I picked him up five or so minutes later after I calmed down. I found out that some busy body took him to the store and called the police on me. Now I am being charged with child abuse and child abandonment and my son is in a foster home and I don't know when I will be allowed to see him again. I am only allowed supervised visits and have to take classes in parenting and anger management before I can see him and it is all thanks to Target.

Feb 09 #1283757 Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States

I realize that replying to this is just going to give you fodder for more nonsense, you sad little troll. But I can't help myself as this is really too good to be true. I showed your post to my six-foot-three 275 pound EMT son and he thought it was both ridiculous and hilarious, and he extended an invitation for you to come talk to him on his turf so he can pick your tiny little brain and then effectively be the first medic on scene. I also shared it with my computer specialist son who is currently tracking down your location and information through your IP address. And I am watching and waiting for you to do something else. I have been watching you after you came after me...big mistake on your part, my sad little troll. For I am a force to be reckoned with and I don't play. As far as the fictitious post about my being charged with child abuse over a throw pillow...you gave yourself away silly little troll, as the object was a THROW (read: blanket, lol). Nice try, though. But the life you are complicating is simply your own, and I am on the sideline waiting and watching for you to self-combust. As a lot of us are. But I am being pro-active. So please, by all means keep trying. I'm sure your parents are so proud.

0 1 Reply

Feb 07 #1282734 Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States

Thank you Neutral. That does make me feel better. And it does make sense. I knew the price was wrong, which is why I took it to the counter. I would have been quite happy paying whatever price it was. I know not purchasing it saved me some cash, and honestly I didn't need the throw, I just liked it. My angst came from the manager saying they were going to throw it in the dumpster. It just didn't make any sense to me. But as this rolls on, I am learning more about this company and their practices. That these products will be used to help out someone perhaps in need is really good. There's nothing wrong with helping the less fortunate.

Feb 05 #1281767

It all has to do with agreements with the vendors. When vendors give credit for items to be used as display or credit for defective items that are not being sent back to the vendor they are required to destroy them. Blame the vendors for the waste and not putting these things to better use. Usable displays and defects should be donated to organizations that can use them.

1 0 Reply

Feb 06 #1282011 Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States

h.kitchener, to insinuate that I would go to Target to check out children in the bathroom (I have never even seen the inside of a bathroom at Target) is more than a little insulting. If you had read the post, I purchased a wall mount for my son's TV. But regardless of the nature of my other purchases, the discussion is about the inability to purchase an item, not some crude and extremely unnecessary comment about me trying to be some kind of predator. I wasn't aware that was the purpose of this forum, an I really don't appreciate my post being twisted in such a manner.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.