What does this message mean?I went to Target to return a simple $9 item that was defective and used receipt look up to have the cashier find my item on my Target Redcard.

The register found my item, however, the message on the register read: "NO TENDER DETERMINED!! VOID THE RETURN TRANSACTION" and would not let the cashier refund my item to me. What does this message mean and why did it appear, when my item was found with my Redcard? As you can see in the photo, this is what appeared on the register screen.

For the heck of it, I went and purchased a $50 item and returned it just to see if it was every time or a rare occurrence and had no issue returning the $50 item.

Can anyone tell me why this happened?(apologies for the sideway photo, it would not let me rotate again)

Review about: Target Redcard Refund Issues.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $10
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

anticonsumerwhiners

Why are you asking a website that isn't Target?Also, why the heck would you buy an item for $50 just with the intent of returning it when something like this just happened to you?

It would've been awesome and hilarious if it happened again and you were out another $50.:')

loves2shopatstores

Actually, I wasn't "out" any money.I simply was not able to return my item that day.

When I returned WITH my receipt, the return went through with no problem. I see you are an "anti consumer". This website is for PISSED CONSUMERS exactly what it's named. The item I purchased with the intent to return it was to test out of this was an ongoing issue.

$50 is not a lot of money.Maybe in your low income world but not to me.

anticonsumerwhiners

If money didn't mean anything to you, you wouldn't be taking multiple trips to Target to return a $9 item.

loves2shopatstores

Just because money isn't an issue for me doesn't mean I'm willing to waste it and eat the cost of a defective item.People like you who are willing to throw your money away and just take the hit is the reason you are poor.

You also failed to finish school and learn how to read. You failed to read the part where I told you that I went back WITH my receipt and returned my item with no problem. The topic here is finding out WHY Target's register prompted this error message, NOT why I went back a second time WITH my receipt to return a $9 item.

I am done responding to you.You are too below me to waste my time on any further.

anticonsumerwhiners

Hehehe, you like to make a lot of assumptions about people. Does it make you feel better to think I am a poor, uneducated individual that lacks literacy skills? It's okay, I'm sure that your crying about a tech error on a website that has no link to Target really will make you feel better!

*you're