I applied for and received a Target Redcard (administered by TD Banks) in Sept. 2013, and am now trying to close this account.

I was charged a late fee and interest the first month because I could not access my online account. The user id and password I had set up when I first enrolled was rejected when I tried to login. By the time I got my password reset, the due date had passed. The next month I made sure to pay my account in full 4 days before the due date, but Target doesn't post transactions in anything close to real-time.

I believe they deliberately delay posting payments so that they can charge late fees and interest. And they did it to me again, though they later credited the money back to me. Their online statements are a mess.

I was never able to get an accurate balance. Target is now, for me, the poster child for corporate greed and they have forever lost a once loyal customer.

Comments

Titusville, Florida, United States #775127

"The user id and password I had set up when I first enrolled was rejected when I tried to login. By the time I got my password reset, the due date had passed." How long did you wait to try and reset the password?

That's something that should take 2 minutes. Click forgot password, get e-mail, click link, change password. Done.

It's not Target's fault if you forgot your password or forgot to change it. That sounds like a YP, your problem.

Target is doing the same thing to me for the last two months! Except I mailed in my payments to them, at least a week ahead of time, but the last two payments I made to Target got updated the day after it was due...how convenient for Target!

I closed my account in December because of this and even after I paid my final bill they just sent me another bill with a late fee and interest! :(

vulcanrider
to Anonymous Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #775279

Me, too! AFTER I paid my account in full and closed the account, Target charged me another late fee and interest in the amount of $29.49.

So, I paid it. Then they sent me a letter saying they were refunding the late fee and interest, but I've yet to see the money, either by check or as a credit to my account.

Greedy sharks! :(

NOt sure what you people think but the CEO needs to feed his family, they need new cars, they need new boats, they need more of your money, stop complaining just fork it over!! Gregg Steinhafel has been paid $64.34 million over three years.Kathryn Tesija was second-highest paid Target executive last year at more than $7 million.