3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I applied for a target red card debit card about a year ago. I used to love shopping at target.

However my recent experience has been very embarrassing for me. I spent over 1500.00 at target two weeks ago and had never had an issue with my card prior to this. Today my card was declined at the register. I immediately called the customer service number because I was embarrassed at the register.

Thanks Target. When I called I was told I had too many transactions apparently you are not aloud to shop at target more than twice a week. Even though you have an excellant account standing. When I was told this I asked if there was a limit I was told no.

Lie number one. Yet I was declined for it. I was told I had to wait for those transactions to go through before I could use my card again. When I asked how long it would be before the transactions closed the lady took it upon herself to close my account.

Which now according to them could. It cannot be reopened unless I went to reapply. That if I reapply it would be one day processing. They lied again.

After they make you waste your time reapplying it's 7-10 days for the reapplication to be processed. I truly was a shopper who loved target. However this experience I've had with target has been so embarrassing. Especially since I've shopped there for so long and so much I knew a lot of the customer service reps by name.

So even more embarrassing on my part. I officially from this point on will boycott target. I write for the Orlando sentinel and local area papers that I will gladly rehash my experience so that no customer of target will have to go through what I did. It's really a shame when you repay your customer's loyalty the way target has.

You should be ashamed Target. You lost a Great and dedicated customer.

But you obviously don't care about how your customers feel. That was made very clear to me today.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of target redcard debit card from Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Target to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

I had the opposite experience. My card was locked because I made a large payment, not a large purchase.

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1226581

I shop no more than once a week, or for a totala of $250, to avoid this issue. You'd be wise to do this in the future to save yourself some of the aggravation. Simple answer to enjoy life.

to aliens_amoung_us Appleton, Wisconsin, United States #1242768

So because you only spend $250 a week others aren't allowed to spend more? If the credit limit is high enough there's no reason the account owner shouldn't be able to spend it.