I recently tried my Target Red Card for the first time to order a birthday gift for my husband. It sounded good to get the 5% of and free shipping however it's only a good deal if your order actually arrives.

I ordered my product from the website because Target doesn't carry MP3 players in the store. According to my Red Card Account I had ordered the MP3 player plus the 2yr protecion plan and had free shipping and it was to arrive between the 17th and the 19th of December, however when I went to check on it a week later it wasn't showing any activity on my Red Card account so I called to ask what was going on. According to them there wasn't an order in progress. I gave them my order number and date ordered and they still were no help.

The representative I spoke with offered to resend it by the 26th of December if I still wanted free shipping but if I wanted to expedite it (meaning I wouldn't get it until the 21st.. maybe) I would have to pay the expedited shipping. I asked them to pay for the shipping as it was their error and after 40 min on the phone he finally said they could give me $10 off on the expedited shipping meaning that I would still end up paying approx.

$20 for shipping and still not get it by the 20th and I would have to call the day after I ordered it to get the $10 adjusted off of my order. I told him no and ordered it from Kmart and the expedited shipping was $15.00 not $30.00 and I will have it by the 20th.

Review about: Target Deal.

Comments

Vancouver, Washington, United States #586827

Same thing happened to me. Called and called and got people who did not speak proper english.

They told me my order would not arrive until December 26th. It is now December 28th and I still have not received my order that was supposed to arrive by Christmas.

Their Red Card free shipping is a scam.

Another fine example of one of the many reasons not to deal with Target.

There are retailers who actually WANT your business and will work to prove it to their customers.

Target sucks! It would be a good idea to learn through these sites rather than in person.