I have been a customer with Target since 2006 with perfect payment history the entire time.

Back in November/December 2012 I received notification that my payment was late. I had not received paper statements or email statements; therefore, was unaware of a small balance on the card. I was subsequently charged 2-3 late fees totaling $60-$90 if I remember correctly. I was able to have one or two of them removed but not all. This was very annoying but they assured me there was nothing else they could do to help.

In the following months I used the card occasionally and paid it off each time as normal. Then several months lapsed without use and I was unaware of an existing balance. I yet again stopped receiving emails without noticing. I have several other cards in which I get paper and electronic statements and I guess it slipped my mind that I was not receiving them from Target. Nevertheless, I tried to use the card the other day and it declined. I checked online and sure enough there was a balance and tons of fees.

I was reported late to the credit reporting bureau and they will do nothing about it. I checked my email for spam and the last email I received was in nearly 5 months ago. Target would not do anything for me. If this goes unresolved, I will be taking my 8 years of business and my fiancée’s elsewhere.

Review about: Target Credit Card.

Comments

Redondo Beach, California, United States #861251

I have been having the same problem and will be closing my account later today. >>Perfect credit<< and 5 years a Target red card holder and ALWAYS PAY in full!!

Feb 2014 didn't receive a statement, but received a late notice with $25 fee. I called to discuss this and they removed the charge. Later...June, no statement again, and upon 'wondering', logged in and saw the NEW $25 late fee. Called customer service, was told "in collections"...??!!

I hung up after being 'advised of my rights'...and called back. Next customer rep was also a 'supervisor AND Manager'- the luck of my calls and getting someone so 'high' up at target c.s. Anyhow, he told me that emails where 'sent' and I 'need to contact my internet provider to find my email notices'. duhhhhh-okay-that doesn't answer the question why the late notices get thru.

The $25 destroyed any 'savings' I ever received by using that *** card. DO NOT GET A RED CARD!!

vulcanrider
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #746897

I believe Target Redcard (aka TD Banks) uses whatever dishonest means they can to suck as much money in the form of late fees and interest as they can. They charged me a late fee and interest this month even though I paid my balance in full not just once but TWICE this billing period and well BEFORE the due date. Although they credited the money back to me, I am closing this account because I have better credit cards to use, better places to shop, and better ways to spend my time than battling corporate demons like these.

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #745225

Are you truly that dumb? Don't have a credit card(s) if you don't know how they work. You are responsible to check every month yourself, it's not their responsibility to remind you.

Clearwater, Florida, United States #734535

Buyer beware. If you use Target's reddcard and do not pay on time, even if you have good credit and it is a small amount and you are late just a couple of days, they will charge you late fees of $36.00 minimum per month and the charges will keep accumulating.

They will not waive the charges either.

I am taking my business elsewhere. This is highway robbery.

They need to feed the troll and the CEO!! His kids are starving they need a new jag, he needs a new watch you NEED TO PAY.

get it now Gregg Steinhafel, Target Corp.

chairman, president, CEO

Total compensation: $23,472,082 for the year ended Jan. 31, 2013

It's your responsibility to make sure you keep track of your finances. If you don't receive your statement or email notification, or whatever, you call or go online and find out.

Reminds me of wireless customers..."I didn't get my bill in 2 months, therefore I won't be held liable for these charges." Right...but you sure did have uninterrupted service for which you were not paying the entire time, didn't you.

to NotYourBudgetKeeper #728068

This reply is so absurd ~~~~~ there are no words!!!!!!!

If you get paid for these comments, NotYourBudgetKeeper, they should deduct from your account for this one!

Gregg Steinhafel, Target Corp. chairman, president, CEO

Total compensation: $23,472,082 for the year ended Jan. 31, 2013

you are complaining about fees. The CEO NEEDS TO BE FEED!! His children need to be feed!! LOOK AT IT AS A DONATION TO THE NEEDY!! wRITE IT OFF ON YOUR TAXES ---bad advice----LOL

aggieg33k

Update: Target has charged me excessive fees amounting in $130 for the past 4 months.

Store credit cards have always been bad. Store credit cards offer incentives to rope you in A very expensive price to pay especially if you want to BUY A CAR/HOUSE you will pay more INTEREST for the life of the loan because of this MISTAKE!! Educate others to these pitfalls!!

vulcanrider
to Anonymous Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #746898

Excellent advice. Store credit cards exist to benefit the store, not the consumer.