3.3K views

not to brag i have amazing credit, never missed a payment in my 6 years of credit history on any account i have. I just recently applied for a Red Card and lost my temporary credit card.

I received my Target Credit Card statement and the account number only showed the last digit, everything else was just X. I tried to get my account number and apparently its against Target policy to get the account number over the phone. This really irritates me because i dont understand why i can give someone my checking account number, routing number, name, address, phone number and social security number but i cant get my account number in Return. I Explained that to the guy on the fone and he hung up on me.

Call number two, same thing. So i told the lady that i wanted to pay my account in full, cancel my Red Card and never do business with Target again. I had my Debit card in hand, No she cant take that only Checking Account Number + Routing Number + Check number. So i said no, i dont have a check on me i need to pay over the phone. She said that would not be possible. I Ask her for my account number again, and said its against policy. I asked for a supervisor and she said that the supervisor would say the same thing.

She told me to go to a target and pay there with my Debit Card.

I hung up on her,

I am very pissed at Target as a COMPANY to set ridiculious policies. I dont understand how i can give someone over the phone my social, address, phone, name, date of birth, Target Account Identification number and i cant receive my account number.

Great Job Target,

Not only is it "Pay more, Expect Less" but its "Try even harder to pay us!"

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Yeah...so the acct # is on your credit card...

Why on earth would anyone want a Target Red Card anyway.The only place you can use it is at Target and if you pay any attention to the news they don't care about the security of your information.

They hire companies to help alert them to security breaches but ignore them when they are told the have one. Why would you use any credit or debit card at Target?

If you must shop at Target the only safe form of payment is cold hard cash.I avoid Target whenever possible but if I do go there cash is the only form of payment I will use.

to Anonymous #889483

5% off of everything, and free shipping online--that's why. Makes a difference for those of us buying diapers constantly.

same experience last night. I really need my account number to close of my new house, and they wont give it to me I am very angry and, like you, will NOT be doing business with Target again.

Portland, Maine, United States #764283

I just received my redcard in the mail.....But they didn't send me an account number to sign up online.

Called the 1800 number, I got out sourced to an "oversea" rep. They got every info from me. And said sorry, we can't help you with your account number. Then started telling me my bill will be sent to me next month with the account number on it.

So I told him, I have to wait till next month to know my account number???WTF????

Portland, Maine, United States #764281

We got a redcard 3 months ago.Big mistake.

We have never received an email reminder that a statement is available. As a result, we have been late paying. My impression is that they do this intentionally to collect late fees and interest. The attitude of their call center people is horrible: blame the customer and then hang up if the customer disagrees.

I have a background in accounting and IT . .

Have never encountered a company as screwed up as this.If they offer you a RedCard, RUN fast

to Disgusted Schenectady, New York, United States #878856

Well in this case it is your fault.You have to go online to their site and sign up for paperless statements and email alerts.

And, okay maybe one month you were late cuz they didn't email you...

okay maybe two, but seriously by the THIRD MONTH it's totally on you.Take some responsibility for chrissake.

"I tried to get my account number and apparently its against Target policy to get the account number over the phone.This really irritates me because i dont understand why i can give someone my checking account number, routing number, name, address, phone number and social security number but i cant get my account number in Return.

I Explained that to the guy on the fone and he hung up on me."

They don't give you the information on the phone for safety reasons.

If someone stole your information pretending to be you it would be more irritation.The guy on the "fone" spelled phone probably hung up on you because he was tired of explaining things to you as if you were eight years old.

to Anonymous #831785

What is anyone going to do with our acct number?that "security reason" makes no sense at all.!

I asked if they could do i series of personal questions like the credit companies do, and they still wouldn't give.Security reasons pfft they just do not work with their "customers"