Target does NOT stand behind and of their products. It has occurred to me very thoughtfully today that they are just simply a fly by night company who prefers to make a quick, cheap dollar on Americans trying to save one.

I bought a comforter set from Target 2 seasons ago and purchased the shams, pillow roll and sheets to match. I was redecorating my bedroom at the time so I also repainted the room to match.

After laundering the comforter 2 seasons in a row as the tag says fit to do and storing it in a TARGET rubbermaid container for the summer, I pulled it out like usual this time for autumn, however, it had a very disturbing "Crustiness" to it. The poly fill was completely denigrating around a large hole bigger than a grown man's hand. The liner was completely burnt. It didn't look like a rodent ate it nor like a heating substance attached itself to it. Not even Goodwill would want this.

I took this to my nearest Target for a solution. Explained I didn't want my money back just a solution. They tried to look for a replacement. One did not exist. So they transferred me to customer relations thinking I may get a better answer. (I should have stuck with the store) The relations team was RUDE and seemed to know one sentence "90 day return policy"

I explained I don't have a test kitchen in my home to blow up their products to make sure nothing is going to happen to it and even Macy's is willing to find SOME solution - even if it's not the exact replacement, if the customer isn't satisfied. I was told by Patty, the head supervisor, that I was out of luck and I should next time buy with more caution. To remember the policy.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THIS BLANKET? I'd like Patty to put it on her bed and sleep with it.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

so if you buy shoes and wear them for 6 months, then the sole rips, do you expect a new pair?

QUOTE:“I bought a comforter set from Target 2 seasons ago.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“Target does NOT stand behind and (sic) of their products”

This is not true, and you should know better after raising your concern at the Target store level. Target provides a ninety (90) day satisfaction return policy on all items that it sells (excluding any Music, Movies, and Video Game software which have been opened).

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“It has occurred to me very thoughtfully today that they are just simply a fly by night company who prefers to make a quick, cheap dollar on Americans trying to save one.”

Really? Would a “fly by night” scammer operate for over one hundred years, with nearly 1700 US retail stores, and employ over one third of a million team members?

Perhaps you’d like to reconsider your strongly worded and irrational statements!

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“I bought a comforter set from Target 2 seasons ago.

…

After laundering the comforter 2 seasons in a row as the tag says fit to do and storing it in a TARGET rubbermaid container (…) it had a very disturbing "Crustiness" to it. The poly fill was completely denigrating around a large hole bigger than a grown man's hand. The liner was completely burnt. It didn't look like a rodent ate it nor like a heating substance attached itself to it.”

This does not sound normal. However, as you don’t have any reasonable way of comparing your...

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“I took this to my nearest Target for a solution. Explained I didn't want my money back just a solution.”

Can you explain here what an acceptable “solution” would have been? By your own words the item was older than the ninety day return grace period and had been subjected to your care and storage. All of these factors are well beyond the control of Target Brands.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“They tried to look for a replacement. One did not exist.”

This is not atypical in any modern retailer. Fashions and seasons changed rapidly, stores typically do not keep merchandize on hand for very long. Probably your local Target has already changed its seasonal set up from BTS (Back To School) to Halloween.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“So they transferred me to customer relations thinking I may get a better answer.”

Of course the local store would be more responsive to your needs. Corporate involvement is just that, a corporate level concern.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“The relations team was RUDE and seemed to know one sentence "90 day return policy"

The person unlucky enough to field your call may be thinking the same thing – your posting here is rude, and if you behaved that way on the phone you would have been treated as a Difficult Guest.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“I explained I don't have a test kitchen in my home to blow up their products to make sure nothing is going to happen to it”

Weak sarcasm is not going to help your case…

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“even Macy's is willing to find SOME solution”

So why are you wasting your time in Target? Give your business to Macy’s! The beauty of a free market system is that your have a choice. Vote with your feet.

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“Remember the policy, America next time you are looking to buy ANYTHING worth your while at Target beyond diapers and goldfish crackers. You got 90 days and they have your money.”

Absolutely correct. You will see that written in the store, on the company web site, and exercised at each store’s guest service counter. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Guests have a generous ninety days to return unwanted or defective items for exchange or refund. After that you are on your won (or under the optional ESP plan on selected items).

Would a “fly by night” outfit offer this kind of customer care? Really!

Quote= ”STANDING BEHIND THEM!”

“WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THIS BLANKET?”

Me. Post it to YouTube with a link in this forum.

andbran
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #72987

all retailers pretty much have the same return policy.as for finding a solution you should have contacted the manufactorer.

Target sold the item they did not make it.

i bought a comforter set from Target that lasted 6 years.so im pretty sure you did something to the blanket