I bought a software game for my son for a reward when he earned straight A's. The software game would not work on the computer system with the correct operating version, memory, etc.

I called the game company which happened to be in an eastern European country. I did not get any answer from them via the phone nor email. I took the game back to Target and they would only give me an exchange. Since there might be a problem with the game itself (this is doubtful as I have been in the CD and DVD industry for many years), I exchanged it and gave it another try.

It didn't work. I went back to Target and attempted to return. They would not do it since it was software. The store manager would not help me.

I had, up to this point, been a very loyal customer and spent literally thousands of dollars at Target over the years, and they were willing to lose me as a customer over a sum of $20? Wow, that speaks volumes as to what their priorities are. This happened two years ago, and I still am upset over how I was treated. I spend nothing at Target, and only go their kicking and screaming when there is something specific that my wife wants.

Again, over $20!

A gift card, or $20 off a purchase of $100 would've worked. Truly amazing, and you can be sure that I tell everyone I get a chance about how I still feel.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

Comments

Hollywood, Florida, United States #620657

they are only following the law. I don't care what store it is you can not return it back to the store.

You should check compatibility before you buy. That is your responsibility.

IHateStupidCustomers
Douglassville, Pennsylvania, United States #589574

I'm gonna assume that that's the first time you've bought software, a CD, a DVD, a video game or anything in a disc form because any normal person knows that stores won't return an opened disc product. it's pretty much not allowed because the buyer could copy what's on the disc and then return the disc. I'm not saying that you're doing that but you're a *** if you're gonna hold it against Target for trying to do the right thing.

Call Wal-Mart, Best Buy, any place that sells software and ask if open software is returnable. When they all answer no, be sure to boycott them as well.

DSgamby
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada #584354

If you have been in the CD and DVD industry for many years, you would know the stores can not refund CD and DVD and game purchases due to copyright laws.