Target really chaps me.I pay cash for items but can not return them w/out receipt.

I am careful w/budget and usually pay cash. I spend approx. $ 300 mo there. I am furious that if I don't use credit cards I can't return items.

Walmart will take back everything! That's how customer service should work. Complaining doest seem to help. In this economy they should be happy to get cash and return items to keep the paying customers from going to Walmart.

I am going elsewhere with my cash.Walmart will be happy to take my money and return my items with out a receipt.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Quote=”Hollywood”

“a reciept (sic) is proof that you bought something. why dont (sic) you just keep the reciept (sic)?

if you lose the reciept (sic), that is not target's problem.

everything at walmart (sic) is ***. at target (sic), you get what you paid for.

Good advice, but its now eighteen months after the OP…

Also correct spelling is ‘I’ before ‘e’, except after ‘c’. RecEIpt!!

a reciept is proof that you bought something. why dont you just keep the reciept?

if you lose the reciept, that is not target's problem.

everything at walmart is ***. at target, you get what you paid for.

quote: "To all of you who slammed me on the Target return policy. Get a life. None of you know any thing about me. I have excellent credit. I own 2 vehicles and a boat (Paid Cash) and 2 houses. I am careful and don't use my cards but on occasions.Thats one reason I have great credit. I just lost a receipt . SO SLAM ME for that. But I did (LOL) at you'r CHILDISH remarks."

we may not know much about you. but we do know that YOU are the one acting like a child because you didnt get your way.

It's not as if Target doesn't have this return policy plastered all over the place right when you walk in at guest services.

Help You Find Something?

Walmart will take back everything!

...

That's how customer service should work.

...

Walmart will be happy to take my money and return my items with out a receipt.

This is NOT true. If you local Walmart is doing that expect someone to be punished. Here's the Walmart store return policy, for future reference:

Return Policy

Everything in the store can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt within 90 days of purchase... with the exception of a few electronic items and regulated items.

After 90 days with receipt:

If available, we offer repair service through the manufacturer.

Exceptions to 90 Day Return Policy:

45 days with receipt: Computer components and computer accessories.

30 days with receipt: Camcorders and digital cameras.

15 days with receipt: Computers and postpaid cell phones.

These items must be unopened: Prerecorded music, movies, and software products.

Guns & Ammunition: Sales are final.

Tobacco & Alcohol: May only be returned to the store of purchase with original receipt (except where prohibited by law).

WIC Purchases: No refund for WIC-acquired items. WIC-acquired items that are defective or out-of-date may only be exchanged for identical product. WIC-qualified items must be returned with the original receipt.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

Our goal is to satisfy our Customers... by Exchange, Refund, or Repair.

Help You Find Something?

"Target really chaps me. I pay cash for items but can not return them w/out receipt."

Have you stopped to think why that policy is in place?

Can you name any retailer that does NOT have that policy? If so, you should shop there and leave Target for the folks that appreciate it.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #48627

Then keep better track of your receipt retard and this wont happen.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #47128

You are the one acting childish here, you don't like people's remarks than don't post a letter.What!

Do you think you are right and everyone else is wron?. If you can't hold on to a receipt than you are screwed. We have the same policy at Wal-mart. Kmart has the same policy.

Basically every place has the same policy because anyone can pick up an item and claim they bought it and "lost" their receipt.Be more responsible and this won't happen.

susieques

To all of you who slammed me on the Target return policy.Get a life.

I just lost a receipt . SO SLAM ME for that.

But I did (LOL) at you'r CHILDISH remarks.:p

why are you out there :cry to return items that are used with out rece- grow up keep spending with no mercy

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46925

The real reason you can't pay with a credit card is because you are a child, not because you only want to pay cash. It is a good thing you only pay in cash, if you are as careless with your credit card as you are with your receipt people can use it and buy lots of things.