I purchase the chair a year ago. The circular base came apart from the main attachment to the chair. The Target returns desk personnel said they could not

return the item. They gave me a 800 number to their customer service department. Upon calling, it became clear that this was not going anywhere. I didn't have the original receipt and it probably wouldn't have helped since it was manufactured in China for Target. We are truly a throw away society with cheap worthless products available to us with companies who care less about quality and customer service. I used to like Target and boycott Walmart.

I will think twice before making major purchases of

items from Target.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

"purchase the chair a year ago. The circular base came apart from the main attachment to the chair. The Target returns desk personnel said they could not return the item."

Correct. Target allows an exchange of defective items for only 90days (with a receipt or Gift Receipt).

"customer service department.

I didn't have the original receipt and it probably wouldn't have helped since it was manufactured in China for Target."

So Target should only buy "domestic"

products from "Domestic" suppliers?

Those are too costly for Target's guests, but if you want to shop that way try Ethan Allen or other high-end stores.

"We are truly a throw away society with cheap worthless products available to us with companies who care less about quality and customer service."

Not cheap, economical. The products sold in the USA are manufactured on a budget (off shore in most cases) to meet US customer expectations. You bought a budget item and expected a high-end performance!

" I used to like Target and boycott Walmart.I will think twice before making major purchases of items from Target. "

Okay, that's two down. keep it up and where are you going to shop?

We might be a throw away society, but also one with unrealistic expectations.

Have you considered opening your own retail operation? Sounds like you have a biz plan in the works.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #37684

Where your parents with you when you bought the chair? It was bought last year and most stores have a 90 days with a receipt policy. Next time you want to purchase something have your parents check the item out so you don't waste your money.