She hired one of her friends, some 31 year old guy that thinks he can now hit on the young women that work there. He comes up behind my daughter while she is working cashier and says, "Don't tell your man, but I'm coming after you." She is shocked and tells her fiancee that works at the store. He is a great guy and courteous to everyone. So he sees this as a threat to her and sexual harassment by the employee handbook and tells this creep to please not say anything to her that is not work related.

This guy goes ballistic and starts screaming "You don't know who I am and what I can do. I'll f**k you up." The young man goes from there to the HR Manager Megan Johnson and makes the report. She calls this creep in. The calls the young man in and tells him she is suspending him for being the "aggressor" to the 31 year old guy.

What!!! she tells my daughter that she isn't doing anything about the sexual harassment because the guy is "new". What!!! So 3 days later she calls the young man back in and tells him he is first of all fired and secondly that if he is ever seen on Target property again he will be arrested.

And the creep that feels he can hit on all the young girls gets nothing and according to Megan Johnson, HR Manager at the Leesburg VA store, all the girls should take anything he wants to say to them because he is "new". Needless to say, Corporate Target was contacted and a complaint was made. I told the Senior HR person, Dylan< that my take on this is that the creep and the HR Manager are friends or engaged in some other relationship and he agreed. We shall see if the senior HR Department in Target takes this seriously.

I told them they should or I'm coming to that store with the police, a lawyer, and Channel 5 News to find out why my daughter was threatened and nothing was done except the firing of the employee that reported the sexual harassment. I do have the direct line to the Target HR Dept if anyone needs it.

Review about: Target Cashier.

Comments

I am sure there is more to this story than what the daughter is telling you.

I was unfairly removed frm the job as acashier in 2010 as a prejudice and personal reasons Iam physically not 100 0/o but was performing my duties to best of my abilities i informes my situation to the hr manager he did tell all mr. LOD's but MR John did not agree and tried to his his Hr.

manager (Mr. Bruce) I did call the direct hot line and explain the situation to ms Heather but nothing was done about me .Finally i was fired as a vendatta.The management is very rude unfair and use minority as their personal property. Pl.

is there anybody who can take care of the poor employees and let the atmosphere be friendly and fair. :sigh

Quote = “SomeGuy”

The "LODs" (I never understood why they can't just say "manager")

LOD is shorthand for leader on duty. The role can only be held by one person at any given time, and is handed off from one ETL (executive Team lead) to another ETL as needed. This ensures that there is only one person responsible for any decisions or problems at the store. A manager (or many managers) does not have the same role as the single LOD. Similarly, Sears uses the term MOD (Manager On Duty) for the same role.

But of course you knew this as you attended basic TM training when you took the job.

Store 1874 is a serious cult. All management is, is a cult that sucks up to the *** in corporate.

The "LODs" (I never understood why they can't just say "manager") all stand around in circles and look in opposite directions as though they're attempting to look intimidating. Megan Johnson is one of leads one of the most mediocre management teams in the history of retail.

Matt Thomas and Debbie C. also need to start being a little more professional and a little less personal.

looking to transfer to Evansville target...

any problems at that location?

TM@T1874

Hi I too work @ T1874 and all the E-TL's are really nice to everyone, and if you were succesful in getting the problem to court target would win hands down, also I know megan and she would never fire someone without a good reason and she must've had one to fire him. I Will always stand behind my fellow TM's no matter what but if they decide to act like a Jack*** then they're on their own.

i work at t1874 and let me tell ya, favoritism runs wild. it's just like any other company i guess, but it does suck when someone is wronged and they just cover it up.

Quote=”doggrowl”

for all of you that were so motivated to respond...be it known that my phone call WAS taken and the response from Target Corporation was very different than your "do nothing" attitudes.”

Just to clarify, you placed a phone call to Mr. Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Target Corporation?

Did Mr. Steinhafel personally take your call?

for all of you that were so motivated to respond...be it known that my phone call WAS taken and the response from Target Corporation was very different than your "do nothing" attitudes. The incident and Megan Johnson are currently being investigated.

The security tapes and witness statements will have to be produced and these will support the statements of two great employees.

It is sad when people that post themselves as "TEAM" and "LEADERS" suck up to the store and don't support each other. You are not LEADERS...you are just Target PUPPETS...go sit in the CLEARANCE section with the other unwanted TOYS...employees have RIGHTS not STRINGS!!

Quote=”doggrowl”

“I would never sacrifice my integrity or sense of humanity to be a suck up to Target.”

No one asked you to do that, did they?

Quote=”doggrowl”

“I hope you get that raise...”

That makes no sense whatsoever. I’m contributing to this forum on my own time. I’m neither compensated nor endorsed by my employer to waste my time here.

Quote=”doggrowl”

“or maybe Target will let you be a greeter...oh sorry, wrong store”

Ah yes, your sense of entitlement raises it head again. As soon as someone challenged you to provide some facts about your drama you immediately switched to name calling, didn’t you? Hmm. This is from an HR professional? Someone that claims they can pick up the phone and speak directly to the company CEO? Seems a bit unlikely to me.

Quote=”Fellow Target Member”

“Asking for the DPCI number on here is not going to help anything.”

I don’t agree. I use the DCPI to find the item on target.com, and/or at a local Target store (while I’m “off the clock”). It’s my personal interest in the discussions here.

Quote=”Fellow Target Member”

“Not only do they not have any idea what that is, or even if they did, most likely they wouldn't know where to find it. So while it may seem logical to you, they have no idea how to respond.”

If you’ve been lurking here for a while you already know that the DPCI topic has been discussed and why.

Quote=”Fellow Target Member”

“Also, you're not making Target look any better with some of the snarky comments you've made on here”

Quite true. I’m not encouraged or compensated by Target to waste my own time here, which I do for personal amusement. Perhaps you should leave your TL ego at the door and not make snarky comments about me. Just a thought.

Quote=”Fellow Target Member”

“I'd suggest unless you're going to give some sincere advice on how to address their situation, refrain from posting a comment.”

Good advice that will be ignored by me.

Quote=”Fellow Target Member”

“Please don't take this as an attack, rather as some constructive criticism from a Team Lead.:-)”

Thank you for your comments! I’ll post a GTA (Great Team Award) card for you on my next shift.

To "May I..."

Asking for the DPCI number on here is not going to help anything. Not only do they not have any idea what that is, or even if they did, most likely they wouldn't know where to find it. So while it may seem logical to you, they have no idea how to respond.

Also, you're not making Target look any better with some of the snarky comments you've made on here, so I'd suggest unless you're going to give some sincere advice on how to address their situation, refrain from posting a comment. Please don't take this as an attack, rather as some constructive criticism from a Team Lead.:-)

you are a sad case...I would never sacrifice my integrity or sense of humanity to be a suck up to Target...thank you for the laugh though...I hope you get that raise...or maybe Target will let you be a greeter...oh sorry, wrong store ;)

Quote=”doggrowl”

“What has happened here is thes (sic) eare (sic) just kids that don't understand when they are getting the shaft.”

Really!?! How old is your daughter? How old is the person you claim was wrongly terminated. Are they of adult age in the state where the alleged grievance took place?

Quote=”doggrowl”

“I posted here as a warning to others and give them the opportunity to get the number because if you check the Consumer link at Target good luck on finding a way to make a complaint.”

So I should obey your warning? How on earth does it affect me, or the great majority of visitors to an unregulated site for anonymous posts by consumers (not family and friends of former Target employees)?

Quote=”doggrowl”

“I have been a hiring manager for years and this is absolute violation of HR policy at any company.”

Citation needed. Are you also a member of the bar in your county? Perhaps you should need to consider legal action to get your claims addressed.

Quote=”doggrowl”

“Does anyone else see somethin g (sic) wrong with this scenario?”

Yes. Read my earlier posts again.

Quote=”doggrowl”

“And it should be an interesting phone call I will have with the CEO about an employee he called a "Hero" in the commendation. I have his phone n umber and email address if anyone needs it.”

Please skip the drama. Do you really think that Mr. Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Target Corporation, a publically traded company doing in excess of two billion dollars in annual sales, is going to take *your* phone call?

Quote=”doggrowl”

“and did that answer your question?”

Nope. But I have enjoyed a good laugh after a long day working at a local Target store.

They have and so have I. What has happened here is thes eare just kids that don't understand when they are getting the shaft.

I posted here as a warning to others and give them the opportunity to get the number because if you check the Consumer link at Target good luck on finding a way to make a complaint. I have been a hiring manager for years and this is absolute violation of HR policy at any company. This young man even has a letter from the CEO of Target. I can contact the CEO directly(as can other concerned family members if this is happening to your family), but employees have to use the channels.

This guy wasn't even given any paperwork when he was terminated...just told to leave immediately. Does anyone else see somethin g wrong with this scenario? So far, we have all contacted Target Corporate HR and they don't like what they are hearing. Ms.

Johnson is sitting at home in her happy hat and come Monday she will have to answer as to why she applies HR policy as she see fit. And it should be an interesting phone call I will have with the CEO about an employee he called a "Hero" in the commendation.

I have his phone n umber and email address if anyone needs it. and did that answer your question?

Quote=”Leesburg Soap Opera”

“My daughter and her fiancee work at the Target store in Leesburg, VA. Things were okay until the new HR Manager Megan Johnson came there.”

Really?!? TMI (too Much Information!).

This saga is nothing more than hearsay. Why isn’t your daughter or another involved party the one following up with Target corporate HR? This is an internal staffing issue, why did you bring it here?