I tried to return a $17 shirt , with tags, never worn, yesterday. I did not have my reciept, and I paid cash.

The customer serv. employee told me I had exceeded my $70 limit for returns without a receipt in this rolling calendar year. So, I wasn't going to get even a merchandise credit. I asked to speak with 2 different managers.

Both apologized and said there is no way to override the policy. I told them I had spent thousands of dollars there and would close my redcard account. They did not care. Gave me "guest relations" number.

Talked to 2 people who said they wouldn't make an exception. I told them that I guess I had "exceeded" my limit of purchases there for the rest of my life. I was nice and even teared up a little at my frustration at the principle of the matter- Lack of common sense and customer service!!!

They absolutely did not care one bit. GOODBYE TARGET HELLO WALMART FOR CHRISTMAS 2011!!!!!!

Comments

you don't get special treatment because you "spend thousands of dollars" there. you exceeded your return limit w/o a receipt, &that's that. maybe you'll learn now that hanging onto that little slip of paper is a good idea.

If you have exceeded your $70 limit (which only receiptless returns are counted) then you return way too many things. You need to be a more careful shopper and not such a shopping bolemic.

Quit buying things and returning them. You will find the same problem with Wal-Mart if you return too many things without a receipt.

So, why exactly do you think that places like Target give you a receipt? It isn't because they hate trees.

Seriously, you returned $70 worth of stuff, without a receipt and not purchased on the redcard that you claim to have, and you wanted to return even more. Yeah, Target isn't "run by robots", it just isn't a library either.