Last week, at the target store just south of 694 on Central Ave in Columbia Heights I purchased a 750ml bottle of FRE Alcohol-removed wine. I was rather surprised to be asked for my ID when paying for my purchases. I found this rather odd since this was Alcohol-removed wine. When I inquired about why I was asked for an ID for an item containing less than 0.5% ABV I was told it was 'state regulation'.

I asked to speak with a store manager and I inquired if they had a liquor license and was told that they did. However, there being an absence of other alcohol in the store I am suspicious that there would be a city and state license on premises just to sell some faux-wine. When I inquired about why I was asked for an ID for an item containing less than 0.5% ABV I was told it was 'state regulation'. So they either knowingly lied to me or this is some sort of plot to blame government for corporate stupidity.

I contacted the MN Dep. of Public Safety and found out that they are not legally required to collect this information. The State of MN does not consider beverages with an ABV of =

Comments

Here's a better and stronger suggestion: don't shop at Target. There is no reason to scan your ID to you to make a purchase at their stores.

:p

Target is a horrible business. Learn from this episode and don't go back. Target will take advantage of every "guest" who enters their stores if they can. :upset

Since you've been told that it is no regulation of the state, then you have to know that Target is trying to get information from you that you are unwilling to provide.

It's that simple. Be warned - stay away from Target.

They are horrible to their customers! :( :(

Show your I.D. or don't buy it. It's that simple. Stop being a drama queen.

SOMEONE ASKED FOR MY I.D. WAHHH!!!!

Grow up!