I sometimes shop in the Target on Route 41 in Fort Myers. The store displays a sign that it will match a competitor's price. The clerk at the customer service counter told me that this includes Amazon.

On October 18th I went to this store to but a Ninja blender. The store price was $129.99 with a free $20.00 gift card with the purchase.

I took the blender to the service desk and showed the clerk the Amazon price of $101.40. She agreed to charge me this but refused the $20.00 gift card.

This is fault advertising since I satisfied the requirement for the gift card by buying the blender.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being treated like a thief.

Comments

Chanhassen, Minnesota, United States #897239

Their matching policy specifically excludes gift cards and 'free with purchase' items that are unique to other retailers.

You need to READ it

Price match, not spiff match. Theres a difference.

who wants the *** gift card anyway!! It is an incentive to come shop again buy amazon!!

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #887233

Agreed. The $20 gift card was for purchasing the blender at $129.99. If you have a price match done to a lower price you are no longer paying $129.99 and therefor no longer qualify for the gift card.

No you didn't satisfy the requirement by blending the blender, because you didn't pay the full advertised price. I don't see anything fraudulent about this deal. If you wanted the gift card you should have paid the full advertised price.