I had to call customer service today to ask about a mistake that was made. I ordered two ipad minis which came with $80 gift certificates.

I was emailed the two gift certificates. A few days later I made a purchase and used the two gift certificates and ended up with a small balance that I charged to my Red Card. Turns out they charged the card for the entire amount not using the gift cards. After waiting on hold for a long time the first rep answers.

Her accent was incredibly thick and difficult to understand. I explained my issue. She kept repeating, "so the issue is you purchased a ...." After the third time of her repeating this and her not getting the point of my phone call I requested to speak to a supervisor. She was hesitant to switch me, when she finally put a supervisor on the supervisor also had a thick accent and was difficult to understand!

Seriously? Target get with it. Customer service is not the area to cut cost. Sounds like they outsource to somewhere in India.

A person working for customer service should not have a thick accent that makes them difficult to understand. They should be able to understand the customer base they are deali with and be helpful. I explained several times what the issue was. She became argumentative and finally I told her that I would have to call my bank and fight the charges then.

She didn't seem at all interested in helping to resolve the problem. Her only suggestion was that she could connect me to the red card customer service. At was even worse. You are promoted to select a number relating to your issue.

Of course no matter which number you select it doesn't work. The message keeps repeating. When someone finally answered they kept saying "hello" ( and yes with an accent). I kept answering and they were not hearing me.

How frustrating.

Finally I was disconnected. Unbelievable.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #910962

You have a lot of growing up to do. A person should not be denied a job just because they have an accent.