Update by user Feb 17, 2012

Update.

After reading my negative review of their nonexistent customer service and lack of refund, Target sent me an email advising me I could get in touch with...you guessed it, their customer service, if I felt the need. Sure, as if I wanted to chase my tail again for months.

To recap, I had to file a dispute with my credit card to get a refund because Target simply refused to issue one for my return of their duplicate shipment.

My advice for anyone contemplating spending their hard earned money at Target; Be afraid, be very afraid.

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2012

I attempted to return a duplicate chrome Baker's rack I'd received from an online order to a local Target store. Customer Service couldn't find the rack in their database and as a woman was standing in the middle of that department screaming at the top of her lungs that she wouldn't be ignored any longer by their reps, I decided to ship it back rather than spend my afternoon looking through their computer records.

My mistake. After several calls over two months, Target online tells me they have no record of my purchase even though they authorized the return shipping and had a record of accepting it's arrival. I sent them a copy of my credit card statement and never heard back, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Six weeks later, Citibank approved my refund. That was on January 17, 2012 for an order placed September 23, 2010.

Target's response was the most unprofessional, incompetent and unethical I have ever encountered. At no point did anyone ever take an interest in resolving the problem and even my repeated efforts met with complete indifference.

If you must shop with the bottom-feeders, try Walmart or K-mart. At least then you won't be surprised when they don't respond to a problem.

As for me, there are far too many online companies to work with for me to ever shop Target again. They won't miss me and I sure as h*ll won't miss them.

Comments

No....You shop at WalMart because your poor!

Wow Houston - your posting is the most concise appraisal of events I have ever read on this site.

Please review the Target listings on the Search site on the top of this page. You will see that Target has no concern for customer service or satisfaction. They will take your money and never correct a problem once the money is in their possession.

I, too, shop at Wal-Mart or K-Mart because at least you know which devil you are dancing with when you deal with them! I plan not to darken the doorstep at Target. Remember, you will see many times by responders to complaints on the Target site - "their store their rules". Please warn everyone you know to beware or they will pay heavy consequences for shopping there!

Thanks for your posting. It will certainly help many people. :) :) :grin