2.1
Layout of Store

I just recieved the firepit table I'd ordered last week from Target.com. The box was clearly damaged in shipping and, after opening, we found the product (particularly the marble table top) was badly cracked in numerous places (photo just just one).

I first wasted nearly an hour of my Saturday "chatting" online with Carl in customer service, who was polite but unable to help me in any way other than offering to have me return the 150lb product myself to a local store (!) and shipping me a new one using the same poor quality delivery service that damaged the first one. I then wasted another 45 minutes on the phone with a "supervisor" who had no more autonomy than the first employee and quite a bit more snarky attitude. I shop at Target almost weekly and paid $565 for this fire pit, so I expected to be treated like a valued customer. The response I got was just short of "sorry we can't really help you".

A refund or replacement (at great inconvenience to me--and with same shipping company) is all they will offer. I am so disappointed in Target, and won't be ordering anything from their online store again. They use this delivery company for all large items, so buyer beware!! Don't order any large items or furniture from Target.

If they arrive broken, you can expect the same indifferent "so sorry for your inconvenience" but no meaningful willingness to make things right. Shame on you Target.

You charge high-end store prices, but use the lowest cost shipper. I'll take my business elsewhere in the future.

Review about: Target Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

It sounds to me the complaint should be to the delivery company. You said yourself that it was damaged in shipping.

They are offering you a refund or replacement. Sounds like good customer service to me. The employees cannot make a change to a contract carrier for you, that is decided by Corporate.

If you don't want the product to be shipped by the company they use, then take a refund and go to whatever outdoor store is in your area and pick one up on your own. Suck it up, buttercup!

Agreed, what else can they offer you? A couple million dollars for your pain and suffering?

What do you want? They are offering a refund or replacement.

What is the issue? Take the refund, or have them ship you a new one.

Mistakes and accidents can and will happen. Or are you just to perfect for that?

to Anonymous #1112262

I agree, this "adult" thinks she is perfect. If she even has a job hopefully she makes a mistake and is fired for that.