I decided to get the target debit card because I figured saving the 5% on baby formula would add up. I had it for less than 2 months and noticed a charge on my bank statement that I didn't recognize being that I hadn't been to target in over a week.

I called target and got into an argument with a man obviously based in another country. He insisted I made the purchase bc I'm the only person with the pin. I told him I didn't and asked for a description of the purchase. The purchase included 6 12 packs of Dr Pepper.

Anyone who knows me knows I only purchase diet drinks and never that many. I then was talked over by the man when I kept telling him I wanted the card cancelled. He seriously ignored me. I literally told him over 15 times to cancel the card and he would not.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor he asked me why. After that waste of time I called my bank and filed a dispute of charge. My bank agreed that I did not make that purchase and refunded me the money. We checked the mail Saturday to find TWO letters from target saying I owed them money bc my bank denied the charges.

Are you kidding me?!

I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AND BUYERS BEWARE. The company clearly hasn't secured your private information and someone got away with a boat load of sodas and snacks on my behalf.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Debit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #1040313

I hope you are more careful with protecting yourself than you were protecting yourself from credit card fraud.